Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The BIG day.



A hearty congratulation is in order to our very own Major Earnest! Yesterday afternoon Darin had a "pinning on" ceremony.



He let the kids do the honors of pinning on the new rank. In exchange for good behavior I let them all enjoy the tasty refreshments that were served.



The boys made me proud as always with their exemplary behavior. We still have much work to do with our little girls. At one point during the ceremony Ruby escaped from me and walked up to stand in front of Darin and hand him a little Cinderella doll. And Jane spent a good two minutes twirling in front of the Lt. Colonel without any shoes on her feet, before I could pulled her back down on my lap.


Darin had assured me that we could not do anything "wrong" during his ceremony, so I was slightly relieved that at least we hadn't interfered with any protocol. Not to say that I was proud of the girls. I see more shaping and molding is required before sending these ladies out on their own!

A major milestone indeed. We're lucky to have Darin as our very own provider and protector. What more could a girl ask for?!

P.S.



A second "Miss Madeline" dress.


I know it's shocking to picture these two little angels causing any trouble at all!

14 comments:

Alyssa said...

way to go darin!

sarah said...

Congratulations Darin! What an accomplishment! We love having a real live military man in our family.

Laura said...

Congratulations, Darin!!!

Little girls? Trouble? Never. :o/

Sarah said...

You make me want to sew with those cute dresses! If only I could figure patterns out.
-Sarah Knight

Strommer Family said...

Congrats for Darin!! And especially if your husband wasn't bothered by anything they did, then you don't need to worry your pretty little head about them just wanting to be there near Daddy, to hand him a dolly or to just impress him with their dancing skills!! ;)

jana said...

congrats. cute dresses annee, you never cease to amaze me with all you do.

Susan said...

Congrats Darin!!!! I love the family pic of all of you, too cute!!!!! That's great I rememeber when Paul pinned on Major. We were so excited. Cute dresses. The girls just make me want to hug them they're so cute together.
Love and hugs,
Susan

Kim said...

The dresses are magnificent. You have a real talent for choosing unique, beautiful fabric combinations. And of course, sewing!

And congratulations, Darin.

Adam and Sariah said...

Wow...I didn't realize that you pinned on Major! I will say congrats to the whole family though. It is definitely a family afair to get that far. Okay, Adam was gone for my birthday the last TWO years in a row, so we just need to get together. You tell me the time and place and I will bring the cake. What is your favorite kind?

Liz said...

Way to go, Darin! Love, love the second Miss Madeline dress. Absolutely adorable!

The Earnest Family said...

Awesome job Darin...conrgats! I heard some good Phil Hendrie the other day...made me think of you - Todd

Karin said...

Congrat's indeed! Way to brave it through a pinning ceremony with 4 on your own...:)

Lori said...

Way to go Earnest family! AND those pictures of Ruby and Jane in their new dresses say it ALL!

Rachel F. said...

Yay! Congratulations Darin! I agree, I am very proud to have a member of the Air Force in our family. Thank you!