Friday, November 09, 2007

TGI Friday!


This is the first morning since the surgery that Jane has woken up and not asked for any pain medicine first thing. She is actually smiling and playing happily. I am grateful this morning for this little blessing. She and Ruby love Strawberry Shortcake, and they have a ongoing game through the day where they call each other by the names of the characters. Over the past few days, Ruby would try so hard to get Jane to be happy. She would walk up to her and say "Hello Angel Cake". And Jane would yell back, "I'm not Angel Cake, I'm Janie!!". In her most grumpy voice. And yesterday afternoon when I asked Ruby if she wanted to check if Jane was awake she said to me, "No mom, she's grumpy bear".

We are so happy to see our Jane back this morning, a.k.a. Ginger Snap. (That's her Strawberry Shortcake name this morning. A small sign that she is on the mend. Hooray!)

p.s. Maybe the key to happiness is being able to sit on the floor in your birthday suit and play...
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am glad she is feeling better! I am excited to see all you guys soon!

sarah said...

That is so cute how Ruby understands and reacts to Jane's moods and how hard she was working to cheer up Jane. What a pair! So what's your Strawberry Shortcake name?

Annee said...

Tonight they were calling me Orange Blossom. They thought that was funny. I obviously didn't understand...

Ie Li said...

I love your girls! They are so cute together. I remember in Utah how one was taking a nap and the other one was bored without her sister.

Brooke said...

i just read this and immediately thought of the song, "a snap, a snap, a snappy ginger snap..." from one of those strawberry shortcake movies.

so berry silly.


please tell me you've heard it or i'm going to feel berry dumb.

okay, enough.

ps- i'm sara's sister in law.

Annee said...

Brooke, the song I can't say that I know. But being berry silly, that I totally understand. Glad to know there is someone else out there who thinks of Strawberry Shortcake songs as the day goes by.