Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lunchtime at the Bird Feeder

This is the view outside of my kitchen sink. For mother's day two years ago I said I wanted a bird feeder to hang in the tree. Lunchtime is particularly splendid. Today there were three birds having lunch together. I ran to get my camera and as soon as I was about to snap, they all flew away. Other birds hang out in the branches waiting for it to be their turn for lunch.


Is it a sign that I'm becoming an oldish mom-type lady that I get all excited about my bird feeder and lunchtime in the tree? It is lovely though, don't you think?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sarah said...

I totally love bird feeders! Yours looks very nice. Seems like every year I have a different one on my Christmas list. You're not really old until you start feeding them peanuts by hand.

Rachel F. said...

Haha I was also going to comment on how bird-feeding is in our blood, referencing Grandma Z of course.

You may as well accept your old person hobbies now. That way you'll be open to telling us about the birds as you get to know them better, i.e. track their eating habits, monitor their interactions with each other, make love connections between them, name them, miss them in the summertime, etc. Can't wait for the updates.

Annee said...

It's funny. All of it. One Saturday I was so excited about the blue bird who had come to visit that I was telling all the kids to come and look. Darin came in and saw me so excited, and he said, "Oh, did the blue bird come back?" Looks like I'm not the only one watching the birds out the window!

I'm thinking of adding a humming bird feeder next...

Christy said...

We need a real one. We have one that Eliza made at preschool last year. It never worked. I guess we are both old because I think it is so neat also!