Saturday, January 31, 2009

I meant to update my blog on Wednesday...

Now it's Sunday. It's hard to think of where the time has been spent. Somethings about Wednesday I won't forget though, like how I won the Disney Princess Wii game for my girls. They got the game for Christmas, and everyday ask if they can play it. Which mostly means someone else has to play it while they watch and pretend to pay it. It's annoying.



But on Wednesday, I really didn't have any excuses. I simply stayed in my pjs and got down to the business of getting that game won. Belle's kingdom remained locked until all other kingdoms were won. And the fancy golden outfits couldn't be selected until you completed all the other chapters. And oh how they wanted those golden outfits! Sometimes I had to laugh at myself as I methodically worked through Snow White's kingdom, winning games right and left, thinking how good I was at video games, then remembering this video game is made for 3 year-olds. Whatever, I got the golden outfits, and unlocked Belle's Kingdom, and my ladies witnessed with their own eyes the credits rolling on the game. So I had them totally convinced that the Wii could be turned off for a good long time!



And with their sense of completion about finishing the game, they went off and happily and quietly played the afternoon away with their more tangible princesses.




Giving me some much desired quiet hours in my sewing room to finally being the Village Frock that at one point had been intended as a Christmas present. It's nearly Valentine's day, right?




Thursday seems to have passed by in a blur. But on Friday I had been telling the girls it would be our big day to go and get hair cuts. You will recall we've had some hair issues over the course of 2008. Mostly Jane has had some hair issues. One full year later she is finally getting a hair cut that is all one length. Progress!




Ruby insisted that she got a hair cut this time too. She's been watching Jane get hair cuts all year long and feeling left out. Little did she know she had the most coveted hair-do of all, the un-cut hair. But a little trim always does a lady good.

Later that night, dinner was off base at The Pizza Club. We are trying to find more places that accommodate large and loud families. Pizza Club will stay on the list! And after dinner we splurged and took all the children to our favorite video store and let everyone pick something out (each movie sets us back a whopping $3). The favorite pick of the night was by far for George, who has been waiting since before Christmas for a DVD quality copy of High School Musical 3. Thanks to his iPod, he can now sing every single word, to every single song, right along with the movie. Watching George sing along made that movie 110% better. He's got a groove.

Saturday was spent in a whirlwind of basketball games, a primary activity, and enjoying the random 50 degree weather.

But when Sunday morning rolled around, George was feverish and sore throaty. As a result, the majority of us are having to miss church today. Ruby didn't let that stand in the way of modeling the finally finished Village Frock. The "standing still" pose was not making her happy, but the authorized twirling pose made her smile. I'm smiling that somethings really do get finished around here (other than Wii games).





10 comments:

Liz said...

The Village Frock is amazing! You not only have video game playing skills, but your sewing skills are seriously impressive! I also love the fabric you chose. What an accomplishment!

Ie Li said...

You did a great job on that dress! It's perfect. Looks like happy times at the Earnest home. We miss you.

Lori said...

I love the girls hair cuts! We knew it would all work out with Janes hair!

P.s. did you find anymore dollhouse sets?

Brooke said...

This reminds me of the time of my life when Joe would come home from work to find me on the couch, with five children crowded around me, playing Super Mario Bros on Joe's DS. For some reason, there really is a sense of satisfaction in winning those games for your kids....plus, they think you're pretty cool when you can do it for them....
John has that exact same Dora van that your girls were filling with princesses (gift from Grandma Lark perhaps?)...he uses it to transport all his matchbox cars around in. Kids are funny.
Glad to see you're doing well...we're pretty jealous of your ability to get dvds early like that!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I love the fabric you choose for the dress. The haircuts turned out cute. I got your spray and hopefully it will be in the mail tomorrow.

Ana said...

The girl's haircuts look great!! Tell them we think they both look beautiful! And the frock is so pretty...you are so talented!

Laura said...

I love the Village Frock dress! It's a perfect design for that fabric. I'm so boring when it comes to fabric - I wish I had more of your eye for style. That's too funny about the Wii. I can totally see myself doing that - just to win the darn thing!

Kim said...

We rented the Princess game months ago and I ended up playing through the whole thing while Samantha watched. I, also, was feeling pretty good about my video game skills until I remembered the target age range for the game. Glad I wasn't the only one.

sarah said...

I'm so proud of how talented you are! And to think I got to be a part of your inspiration and training. I remember that summer so vividly -- we had just moved to California and had no friends and spent every day for hours playing Nintendo. Those Mario skills we developed have continued to serve us well throughout our lives!

Rachel F. said...

Hahaha I love picturing you playing video games while your little girls nag you onward. Hahah