Thursday, June 12, 2008

A tribute to the beach.

First of all, we're still here! We have now been at the beach for a week, and we still have about three days to go. I love the beach, and here are a few reasons why:




It's beautiful and serene. The sounds, the smell, the feel, the sun. It's all beautiful and fills me up.


Next, I love the beach because we are here with our family. It's so great to have the late night with the adults.


The sunny afternoon with our cousins!



Getting to spend most of the day outside.

Making memories with dad.


Playing in our swimming suits and with water all day.

And of course, the sand. Getting buried in it. Walking in it, playing in it, bringing it in with us, sleeping with pieces of it, washing our clothes in a bit of it. You know, sand.


Anyway, we're doing great! I've almost forgot that on Sunday I'm flying with four kids to Korea. The great news is that Darin's first day in Korea, he found us a place to live, he moves in tomorrow!! It actually has four bedrooms, is two-years old, is right next door to an indoor swimming compound, and within walking distance to the elementary school. The bad news hasn't changed, I have to fly solo to Korea. It will be fine. We are taking the red-eye! But these days at the beach will be a treasured memory to take along with us.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, the beach sounds absolutely lovely! I'm sure you'll need to pull from the memories of the beach on your trip to Korea. Good luck! I'll miss having you on this continent, and I look forward to seeing you in 2 years! Csn't wait to read about your Aisian adventures!

AP said...

good luck annee & fam! we just relocated to utah, which was far enough of a treck w/the kids for us. i can't imagine korea. can't wait to hear more about it on your great blog :-) take care. the pincocks

Alyssa Lark said...

I was thinking....Maybe I could fly with you and help get you to Korea. What do you think?

Christy said...

Good luck! I could barely handle mine flying to Utah. And my husband was with me!! Hopefully they will sleep. I can't wait to hear what you think about Korea.

Annee said...

Alyssa, if you are serious about flying with me, then consider yourself officially invited!

Alyssa Lark said...

i would if the ticket weren't 2000 bucks. Maybe the AF can chip in. I would totally do it...if it weren't for that.

sara b said...

Annee, you are amazing! I can't believe all of the things you have been doing aside from moving to Korea! Good luck with the flight. I have done a 5 hour red eye before with 3 kids and people thought I was crazy. I think the red eye is a good choice though. Odds are one of them will fall asleep. I can't wait to hear about Korea.