Today blue skies poked through. And can I just say that it's a good thing, because even in Korea, life can get just a bit routine, a bit normal, even if I dare confess, a touch boring. So the blue skies were much needed this morning as I heard all of the kids awake at 6:15am, and knew already it was going to be a long day.

I made them all wait until 9am to go to the pool. The pool is that roundish building right across the parking lot from our house. We've also made good use of the astroturf field to the right of the pool. That is where Henry and George get banished to when we cannot not take one minute longer of Wii playing, or Webkinz World.

Since Darin is still waiting for his top secret clearance to be active again, he lingers a bit longer in the mornings. Which is great, because it give him and Henry more time to knock off some of their level "hard" songs on guitar hero. I think there is something about wearing combat gear which gives you a slight edge when playing with a plastic guitar. I'm not sure, but it's a theory I'm working on...(notice our lovely temporary furniture the Air Force is loaning to us. And imagine how sorry I was to meet a lady at the pool today who has been here for six weeks and still doesn't have her furniture yet!)
We managed to have fun at the pool until 11am. But then everyone said they were hungry and needed lunch. So we headed home. I told everyone while they showered I would get lunch ready. Mid lunch prep, I hear the boys squealing about something their sisters were doing.

Then I walk down the hall and spot bubbling foot steps. I did not recall allowing anyone to have a bubble bath.

The girls took matters into their own hands. They dumped the entire bottle of shampoo into the water. As if two hours of water fun at the pool hadn't been enough for them.

Like I said, even in Korea, life can become routine again. Throw in a trip to the library, a hair cut for Henry, an afternoon snack at Krispy Kreme (okay, so I'm not totally complaining about living in a walking village where they are trying to make me feel happy.), an hour or so of play ground play time for George and the sisters (something about having to ride the elevator to get to our "back yard" makes it infinitely more appealing for George), plus walking to the commissary for Popsicle after dinner, made me feel like I was running a regular summer day camp. And it's still only June! School doesn't start for another two months!



Like I said, thank goodness for the blue skies today. I needed them. I'm going to bed now.
7 comments:
Summer camp, indeed! I'm not letting my family read this post for fear of thinking WE could try to keep up with that. Sounds terrifically fun. And busy. And bubbly.
Annee-
Sounds like your kids are having fun....but what about you? Is there church on the base or does it not work that way? I hope you get a chance to have a little summer fun yourself!
Brooke
what a mom! would it be any different in colorado? i'll bet the servicemen on base would love a nice cold cup of lemonade sold by some eager young kids. maybe tomorrow.
Your house looks so homey..Especially with you in your apron and cookies. (and the bubble bath) It looks like such a nice place (even with the AF loaned furniture) and having everything so close by...(especially an elevator--I bet there's going to be some exciting stories about that in the next couple of years)
I hope this doesn't sound mean, it is meant to be funny, but your life in the village actually sounds like college life. I can picture you and your 4 kids living in on-campus housing, Y-Mount, by the temple in Provo doing all these same things. Even the Krispy Kreme sounds like Utah living. Sorry life is a little boring. I hope it gets a little more exciting your for sake. I also hope you don't have to wait 6 weeks for your furniture. Hang in there! I think of you all the time!
hey annee, it's fun to hear these stories. i've seen that same bubble mess scene too many times myself with our kids.
Brooke, we found church on Sunday. It's a branch off base. I have my fun as long as the kids are happy. And Liz, I too have thought of our life a bit like living on-campus. It's a good comparison. Hi Andrew. You guys made a mighty move across the country too. I'm glad to see that your life is getting more settled as well.
Only my sister could find a way to make running a summer camp more work! Sarah and Brooke could be good friend. Brooke would set out a little ice cream cart, and Sarah would have fresh squeezed lemonade.
Post a Comment