In reference to preservation, I am preserving my strength this morning. I served my children a gourmet breakfast. I wouldn't want to over-extend myself. You know, get all worn out only after the first course of the day. So it was plastic bowls, and sugar cereal all around this morning. And I have to say, no one complained. So it's a good thing I conserved my energy...
What if our afternoon gets as busy as it did the other day?...We'll all end up curled up in a bed somewhere, sleeping, waiting until the long, hot afternoon is over.
And then, just to keep it exciting, we might venture back out to the cute little Korean lady who sits at her mall like kiosk cart at the BX, waiting for adorable little American girls to come walking along in need of hair bows. I'm not kidding you. She has no less than 180 different ribbons all on display. We walked up there in our outfits, without bows in our hair. We had her help us pick out just the right shades of pink and purple. Then she told us to come back in 20 minutes. We did. And when we came back, she pleasantly clipped the bows upon Jane and Ruby's heads, and called over about three other Korean ladies to laugh and giggle at our expense. I will believe that they were giggling at our cuteness. Not the fact that they too thought the bow arrangement was retarded, because that's kind of why I was laughing.
Could summer days pass by any slower?!
XOXO
Monday, June 30, 2008
Preservation.
Posted by Annee at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So first I'm jealous that your kids will eat cereal for breakfast. Second I'm jealous that you have a custom bow maker so readily available. Third I'm jealous the girls will keep them in. Fourth I'm jealous you guys get to take naps from time to time.
What can I say? Life is sweet in Korea.
(The girls didn't keep them in so very long. But the bow maker is something to be jealous of, I'll admit, I'm excited about her.)
Love the blog, will add you to my daily readings!! I am proud of you for getting out there and doing and seeing! I think you will learn to love this place..........how could you not with a bow maker at your fingertips........along with everything else???
Thank you for posting!! It is so nice to feel connected. I hope the girls start being willing to wear their bows all day because they're so cute!
Yup- I'm lovin' the bow lady already. They're fun to make 'n all, but 20 minutes to custom pick for any outfit you're wearing? Nice.
Avery is loving looking at the pictures of Ruby and Jane (we also love the bows...maybe you can bring some back with you--better yet maybe I can come there and get my own) So it's been a month and still every where we go the first question is "Ruby and Jane coming?" I also have to tell you I loved "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" thanks for the recommendation.
Post a Comment