Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's December!

So I ran that 1/2 marathon to kick off the month of December. It was unusually warm and sunny that day. I think as we were driving away it was 60 degrees. So that wasn't the wintry mix of snow/rain that the weather man had been predicting. Of course, I brought the camera to the race. All the kids were there. It was a lovely day. And right as I crossed the finish line (yeah, that's the good news, I finished this time.), Darin mouthed the words "There is no memory card in it!", to me. That was disappointing. I had even run back into the house specifically to grab the camera. So, no memory card in the camera, of course. That's the way it's been going these days.


To make up for it, I was taking pictures at the Christmas tree lot later on that day...


(yes, Ruby is in her Halloween dress. Darin said these pictures would resemble our Halloween pictures. But you know how it goes with my girls. Sometimes it's just easier to let them wear the Halloween dresses.)





At home, the girls demonstrated equal excitement about decorating a Christmas tree as they do for cooking with me in the kitchen and folding the laundry. All things domestic apparently entertain them.



Later on that night, because of a nap, Jane was not going to be able to fall asleep at the appropriate time. We let her hang around until about 9:30, at which point even her loving parents were ready for her to go to bed. But she was being so chatty and funny, that Darin couldn't help himself but snap a few shots before sending her off to bed.


Jane's reaction to Darin telling her, that REALLY she was going to bed now. Real live heart break, captured on film!

So now we are busy preparing for Christmas, and of course planning a fabulous 6th birthday party for our man George on the 15th. This month already seems like it's going by too quickly. Hopefully I'll update again soon. Merry Christmas preparations to all...

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Great way to kick off December. I am quite jealous though. I wish I just ran a 1/2 marathon. Bummer about the camera, but what perfect weather. What is going on? Don't you live in Colorado? Shouldn't it be cold and snowy there?
I love to check in on your cute family. Your girls are adorable!

Alyssa said...

i think i am going to cut my hair like Ruby's cause it is soo dang cute. Darin and Annee go to hovenvision.com and pick out a few pairs that you like and then maybe Santa will be nice and give you some. Love you guys. Way to go on the 1/2 marathon...I wish I was you....jealous.
alyssa

Christy said...

Good for you, Annee! Another race. Never mind your beautiful tree, I love your house, from what I can see of it.

sara b said...

Wow, a half marathon. Your blog makes me want to be a runner. And that is just about how close I get to running.