We are very pleased to announce that our very own Captain Earnest will soon be pinning on a flower. I'm just teasing. He hates when I call this symbol the flower. I'll see someone on base, and say, "He had a flower on, what does that mean?" All joking aside, this is great news. Darin will become Major Earnest hopefully sometime before the end of 2008. To quote it says, "In today's competitive, high-quality Air Force, this is a significant feat." Especially considering some guys achieve the rank of Major before they even settle down, or have a kid. We are proud to accompany Darin to this milestone in his life. I was proud to announce it to our sons. Proud to announce it to all our friends and family. Darin is the very best, most competitive (sometimes he forgets we're on the same team), high-quality Air Force officer that I've ever known. We love you Darin. Thanks for shining for us in the work force as well. Wear your flower proudly. Because I couldn't be more proud! Love you.
Friday, December 14, 2007
MAJOR accomplishment!
Posted by Annee at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good Job Major Darin!
Congratulations Darin! This is awesome! So do they get a whole year to actually bequeath the flower, or did Annee mean by the end of 2007?
There is a promotion schedule. They only promote about 175 captains per month air force wide. So you get notified that you are "in line" basically to be promoted (major select). So it's really anyone's guess as to when his number will come up.
Congrats. That is such fantastic news! I still owe you an email Annee...just as soon as I can catch a moment in all this Christmas Craziness!
Congratulations Darin! And to the rest of the family as well. Go flower power!
Congrats Darin! We're proud of you. Annee, I Christmas tagged you. Look on my blog for the questions.
Hey guys...Congratulations....I don't know exactly how this all works, but I think I am appropriately impressed that my brother is a Major!
Post a Comment