It was April 1st today! The boys tried to trick Ruby all morning long, until I got my lazy bones out of bed, and told them to quit tricking her. I never had big brothers. It seems like a real drag. They told her it was her birthday. That confused her. They told her Jane was bleeding. That freaked her out. None of their tricks were very tricky. At 7:45am I kicked the boys out of the house and sent them off to school for a day of learning, structure, and socialization. I stayed home with the ladies and had a completely trick-free day, until the brothers came home again. Oh brothers.
My Aunt has challenged us to these "10 on Tuesday" lists. Sometimes I find ready answers. Sometimes I stew about the list until the next list is already due. I think I'll still tackle this past Tuesday list:
Thursday, April 01, 2010
Hello April 1st.
"10 Things I love about (THIS) Spring"
(I like to personalize my lists by making them time specific. I hope you don't mind.)
1. One season closer to moving on with our next adventure. Korea has been awesome, and I will miss it. But I love a good adventure. I love moving on. Hello, spring, I'm about to move on! (In about 59 days!)
2. I am done running in lycra tights, fleece half-zip hoodies, gloves, and ear muffs. Bring on the running skirts, tank tops and a light long sleeve layer. I LOVE spring for that!
3. Next Friday I'm taking the kids to a strawberry festival! You can't do that in winter.
4. The Monday after that Friday, the Major is taking us all to Mt. Seoraksan for a few days and a couple nights. Did you know the whole time we've lived in Korea we've lived in a building called Seoraksan Tower?! Ever since I learned Seoraksan was a real mountain, and not just the name of my tower, I've wanted to see if for myself. So that's awesome that we're going to go see it!
5. The Saturday after I get back from Mt. Seoraksan, I'm kissing the Major good bye, I'm sqeezing each one of the off-spring, then I'm getting on an airplane and flying to China with a bunch of other ladies who are leaving the families behind! Really, do I need to elaborate any further?! Except to say The Great Wall of China has been on my to-do list for the past 20 years. It feels so good to get things crossed off those lists.
6. Ditching the socks. I hate socks so much it hurts. I might like them if I didn't have four kids. But since I do have four kids, I hate socks. Darin loves them. He only puts his on his own feet, and that's usually all he has to do with socks. In fact, he collects them. I spend most of winter dreaming of throwing every sock in my house into the trash can. Hello spring, you need to come save the socks!
7. Skirts. I just made myself one today, and I made one for the ladies last week. Spring doesn't only liberate the feet from socks, but it liberates the legs from jeans (and tights)!
8. The release of "Handmade Beginnings", the newest Anna Maria Horner sewing book. The anticipation is palpable. I sure hope I won't be disappointed.
9. The release of the new Oliver & S sewing patterns. I'm going to jump on that band wagon and never look back!
10. FLOWERS. Nothing cheers the soul, or draws my thoughts closer to Heaven than do the springing forth of brand new flowers.
Please be here Spring, we need you.
Posted by Annee at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This is a unique list. Very creative. I was trying to be unique and ended up matching everyone else about 80%, so I appreciate what a feat you accomplished. I like your off-spring pun.
Your list made me happy - strawberries and new skirts and vacations and beautiful flowers blooming! Especially as I look out the window at the snow falling from the sky. Spring has to be here soon, right?
I'm so happy that you're going to see the great wall of China. It is a truly amazing sight. Just imagine how fast you'll be able to climb it with no children!
Post a Comment