Here are a few things I learned on Spring Break 2010:
1. Wear sunglasses in your pictures. It's more likely you'll look like a movie star that way. Who doesn't want to look more like a movie star?
2. Korea can be shockingly beautiful.
3. I feel the same way about my kids sometimes:
4. I really love sleeping in a bed. Although, if you have to sleep on the floor, heating them is an excellent idea.
Master Bedroom at the hotel.
Living room.
Kitchen.
5. Traveling with a huge group of fun friends is an excellent idea, especially when your hotel is sparse.
6. Just accept the fact that if you try to hike a mountain on a really cold day in April, you will likely have to give in to the tantrum over the fury animal hat. Don't think less of yourself, or your strength, or your powers as a parent if you do. Just focus on the fact that you took that frown and turned it upside down. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for that moment of weakness.
7. Fish markets are simultaneously disgusting and fascinating. Mostly disgusting.
8. I should always travel with Darin. He takes great pictures. Next up is my report about my girls-only trip to China. I promise to include all five of the photos that I took while I was there.
That's it! That's all I learned during Spring Break 2010.

5 comments:
You are a total movie star! Love the fury hats. I can't believe there was a tantrum. :) All those fish pictures looked disgusting and cool all at the same time.
And did you learn what your apartment building is named after? Confess those cliff pictures up top came off your calendar, didn't they?
Wow..looks like you had a great time...but I'm sensing maybe you're just about ready to return to the states? Back to a place where a couch is big enough for more than one person to sit on? Those hotel pictures cracked me up...can't wait to hear about China!
Mom, those cliff pictures are REAL. That was the scenery at Mt. Sorak. It was truly beautiful. Too bad it was so cold and we had to deal with some less than enthusiastic hikers. At one point I do believe I heard one of the children say, "Our Seoraksan is better than this Seoraksan." We tried to ignore that comment :)
glad darin took some pics. i loved them.
Post a Comment