Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Images from today.

$.99 spools of yarn can literally go a long way in a house full of kids.

To be precise it can wrap three full levels of a house.

It can be laser beams that you are trying to avoid, or perish.

Or it can be food items to be cut, stirred and placed in the oven. Later to be put out on the back porch for the birds.

When they were having fun, I was happy too.

The End.

9 comments:

Jan Hawkes said...

How creative. Your children have very fertile imaginations. The yarn looks very unusual - almost hand spun. What is the story behind having so much colorful yarn on hand?

sarah said...

what a fun game. so was it george that wrapped it all around the house 3 times? i have tons of yarn upstairs that's been "off limits" but is doing no good just sitting in the closet. i'll bet oliver would like that game.

Annee said...

The yarn was just the only yarn on sale for $.99 at the craft store, thus allowing George to get three different colors. And these sorts of ideas generally originate from George. Show Oliver the pictures and let him have at it. The clean up is really quite speedy at the end of the day with a pair of scissors in hand, and sometimes cleaning up is as fun as wrapping it all around.

Originally George envisioned everyone trying to climb through it like a big spider web, but taking on all three levels sort of wore him out.

Rachel F. said...

I'm getting kinda nervous about babysitting for the weekend... I can't come up with good creative outlets for George and the girls like buying yarn!!

You'll have to leave me a list of options. I'm good with lists.

Annee said...

don't worry, I'll list you up!

Rachel F. said...

letter to the editor: would you perhaps consider editing your comment options so they display the date as well as the time? it's more fun for your blog-stalkers. :-)

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

I love the yarn idea! I have tons of yarn sitting around from good intentions that never really materialized. Thanks George!

Ie Li said...

Avoiding laser beams sounds so fun to me. Those are some creative kids you have there.

Katie said...

I love it! Your kids will look back and say, "Remember when mom let us unwind all the yarn..."