Monday, July 11, 2011

The trip begins.

Monday morning we woke up at our cousins house in VA.  We wanted to start from a more northern position for our grand trek northward, so we drove to their house Sunday evening.  Waking up with cousins is always a good time:





By lunchtime we were in Gettysburg, PA.  This trip to Gettysburg felt so different to me.  I know I went several times as a kid, and I studied it for a year in 8th grade.  But I'm not sure I really felt much about it until this trip.  We might need to frame the Gettysburg address...



I am quite certain this trip to Gettysburg didn't have the same affect on my children.  But I will not give up on them.  Besides, I can hardly blame them, they knew that Gettysburg was the stop right before Hershey!


Where Henry and George got selected to be official kid taste testers...


And we all went on the "create your own candy bar" tour.  




Umm...it was all very delicious.
  

The day ended at a Cracker Barrel outside of Scranton, PA.  Which set us up nicely to be at the Baseball Hall of Fame first thing Tuesday morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Gettysburg Address is scripture... you know that don't you?

sarah said...

Love the travel log! Keep it up. Sounds like you've planned a lot of interesting stops on the journey. Love mei li's tinkerbell costume and George and mi na's matching shirts.

Annee said...

Steve, I wish you would have been there with us! You would have loved it.

Liz said...

I love Hershey, PA! Does it stll smell like chocolate when you drive into town?

Sounds like your trip got off on a great start!