Everyday I think of my blog, mostly because I want to see what my sisters (sister-in-laws are interchangeable, so are best friends) are doing, so I check their blogs. Sadly, more often than not, all is silent on the blog front. Then I look at my own blog, just as silent, and I think, "yeah, but I've got nothing", and think that is a good enough excuse. But you know what sisters, it is not a good enough excuse. Because even your nothing, I wish I could see it. So here is a bit of our nothing...
First of all, in response to Rachel's discovery of the one roof top pool in Boston, I just wanted to let her know that we have a rooftop pool here in Korea too. Perhaps with that bit of knowledge, you want to come for a visit?
We did not venture a swim on the rooftop, but we endured the stares of every Korean who was doing just such an activity, admired the view, and glowed in the glowing light of dusk.
Apparently I have quit cooking. So tonight's dinner was at Happy Teriyaki. On our way, we passed our favorite realty office here in Osan. As you can see, it's a fairly new operation. I hope it is weathering the economic downturn well. They sure have great signage. That ought to help get them through for a bit...
Onto dinner...
Secondly, I wanted to learn how to put zippers in my pillows. While my hand sewing skills are beginner-ish, accomplishing zipper insertion has me declaring the project as a whole, "magnifique"!
Here's a link to the tutorial I used, in case you feel putting a zipper in a pillow is a skill you desire as well.
Everyday Ruby wants to make a book. I love to see her being creative, I believe in it almost as much as I believe in exercise. And when I paused for a moment today to evaluate where everyone was, I was tickled to see Ruby's position at the table working on her book. She proceeded to read it to me about 100 times. That's okay. 99 would have been sufficient, but 100 is good.
And now onto, my final observation of the day. Both ladies requested an outline of a castle to be colored in at their will. I obliged with the outline, and these pictures are my ladies in a nutshell. I could barely put it into words better.
Jane's picture is on the left, Ruby's on the right (complete with a flying squirrel and a quotation cloud). The thing is, if Jane ever finished hers it would be spectacular. But she rarely gets that far. Her standards are set so high that she almost never lives up to her own expectations. These girls are so different. So very, very, different. And sometimes I worry about this.
But then it occurred to me, if you asked Darin and I to color in pictures of castles, it is very likely that ours would be quite similar to this. His would be perfect (and take him forever to finish), and mine would be whimsical and "good enough". And while I have an opinion about which way is "better", the point is, there is no one else in this world with whom I am so compatible.
So in fact, while on the surface I would feel at ease if their pictures were identical because I would think it would mean they were going to be BFFs for life. Perhaps it is the fact that they are so very different that will actually ensure their eternal bond of friendship.
What do you think? Please tell me you agree with me....
And there you go, that's the nothing that we've been up to. How about you?

10 comments:
Ahhh, see? These are the perfect posts...they make me feel normal...I usually feel like "we're just here" too...but somehow it's interesting to other people...I need to be better with my blog, as I have inlaws that check every morning for pics of my kids...I should oblige more often! I loved the castle pics...they'd probably hate each other if there were exactly the same...it seems like the perfect yin and yang...Andy and I do so many things so very differently, and it's what makes the family fun!
Seems like a lot more than nothing to me! I've been feeling the same way lately. Too lazy to bring along the camera is generally my problem, but after multiple complaints from my mother who misses the kidlets, I am committed to also post a lot more of nothing. . .
You have a beautiful way of making nothing really look like something. Thanks for the post. I miss you a lot.
Annee, you're just great.
I promise to update some of the nothingness that is going on here. I am back at sewing and attempting a pretty cute ruffle/bib/covered button kind of dress for myself. Sounds weird I know, but I have a vision for it. We'll see how the results hold up to the vision.
As for the twin thing...how magnificent to learn how perfectly matched you and Darin must be. I mean, if twins can be thought of as two halfs of a whole (I know that's probably not how you're supposed to think of twins), then you've found your other half in Darin. Excellent.
Hope you're doing well...we think of you often!
Brooke
(I don't know how Maggie signs herslf in, and my comment is too long to figure out how to change it and then retype it. )
Your hand sewing looks better than beginnerish and your zipper looks like a professional sewed it. I guess you are a professional now. :)
I totally laughed at the differences between Jane and Ruby's castle. My favorite is the quote "What the heck?" Their differences might make growing up tricky at times, but I'd like to think that each of them bringing something different to the table will actually make them better friends.
I also agree with Sarah that you make doing nothing look like something.
Okay, I love the pillow. I think it is great. And as for your girls, yes I hope the same thing. My twins are very much different as well and I expect that to help their relationship in the long run. I do know that Luke and Hannah are very close and very different. So, time will tell I guess, but I think that is every mom's hope who has twins...that they are close friends for life.
Annee - I am going to dedicate my next blog post to you, I really am. It's going to be pictures of my children doing nothing (no really, because "there's nothing to do", said in a whiny voice). I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your happy children, beautiful pillows, observations about Jane and Ruby, and the fact that you've quit cooking.
I stayed up late last night to update my blog...just so YOU would have something to read!
I sure do miss you, you have one year and then some behind you! Just over a year ago, we were living at the pool...the fairy god mother was too :)
Well, as always you have turned out another cool creation. I (actually Greg did most of it) hung up my brown curtains, they look so good, if I might say so myself! They are accented with turquoise and brown and gold in the loving room. It seems so nice to have a normal house again, rather than an abnormal house...that sounds kinda harsh. Anyways, looks like yall have been helping the Korean economy and Songtan stay afloat, good job! Take care my friend, and keep me posted on all of your FUN!
Annee, you are living an exciting life.
Your children are beautiful and we miss you all.
And, you are a very talented seamstress.
I agree with you. My sisters and I are so different but we are all the best of friends. That wasn't always the case, but now that we are grown and mature we are all extremely good friends.
My girls are so different as well. It amazes me that they can be so different...but they get along and play together so well. It would be pretty boring around here if they were all the same.
p.s. I feel like I should update my blog right now. But it is past midnight and I'm too tired. I will soon. Thanks for the inspiration!
Post a Comment