1. The book is called "Weekend Sewing" by Heather Ross. It's delightful. And so is sewing on the weekend. Which is exactly what I'm doing, thanks to the Major taking the children away, even just for a moment. I love him so!
2. You know you're an Earnest when...you are four years old and want your mother to teach you how to iron. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm nothing if not obliging. Ironing lessons complete.
3. It's monsoon season. Do you have monsoon season? I didn't think so. It means you randomly have three days in a row of solid rain. Followed by a few days of solid sunshine, humidity and heat. It's charming.
When you are at the end of your summer vacation rope, and it's monsoon season, there is only one thing to do. Take the children on an outing, in the rain. Everyone grabbed an umbrella and marched over to Dr. Fish for a little dead skin removal. They were delighted. I even smiled during the ordeal.
Back to sewing. Four pair of pajama bottoms or bust!
P.S. On our date last night, we stopped in front of the magazine stand. I can't remember which magazine it was, but it had compiled a list of the Top 20 US cities to live in. Are you guessing already which city was rated number 1?! COLORADO SPRINGS, of course.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Three things.
Posted by Annee at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Annee, you and your sewing just impress me. I suppose I could attempt the pj pants. I loved monsoon season in Arizona- but didnt' have little ones to have to entertain at the time... I think your activity was perfect (albeit strange sticking your feet in a school of fish?!)
Our monsoon season has kind of been a joke this year- so far we've gotten rain twice, and it wasn't even measurable.
We thought of you guys when we drove through Colorado Springs- wondering where you lived as we drove by the academy and all. Hope your remaining time in Korea goes fast.
Oh, those fish just seriously gross me out. I'm glad that the Earnest children love them though. The monsoon season doesn't sound like fun at all, but the picture of your kids walking with umbrellas makes it look like a great adventures.
Love the child labor pictures. Knowing that you own two ironing boards I'm surprise the request to learn to iron hasn't happened sooner.
I can't wait to see all the pajama pants!!
Post a Comment