It makes me feel like there is a party here all the time! Sister-in-law Alyssa has set up a blog header shop, The Tip Top Shop. They are super cute and reasonably priced. There is no reason why everyone shouldn't enjoy a delightful blog header. Don't you think? Click on the button and shop away. I hear sister-in-law Chelsea will soon be in the shop as well, with headbands?! I'm just saying, the excitement is palpable at this point in time.
The Major and I went on a date on Friday night. We took the subway, just to get out of Songtan and have a change of scenery. We ate at a place called Puffin which was kind of hilarious because it's a Korean restaurant that is trying to mimic an American pub. But the food was outstanding. Darin got fajitas and I got snapper and it was the best American food we've ever had in Korea.
Sitting next to a crazy old Korean lady on the way home was memorable. No matter how many times I told her, "English, English?", she just kept rattling away in Korean, asking me questions! I started laughing really hard when the Major started talking back to her as if he could understand, making up answers to unknown questions. Imagine it with me, the old Korean lady would ask a question, Darin would say something totally unrelated back. Oh boy, I was laughing.
When we were getting ready to leave (on the date), Jane came in my room. I was ready to be off- duty, so I was kind of trying to shoo her out of the room. I asked her if she needed something, and she stood staring at my closet and said:
"I just wanted to see what clothes you were going to pick out mom."
With that answer she was instantly indeared to me and allowed to watch me get dressed. And that is exactly what I dreamed it would feel like to have a daughter.
Sunday, August 02, 2009
Love the header.
Posted by Annee at 6:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yep, that is why we have daughters, right? I don't have any sisters, so I am waiting for that day to arrive in my house. Looks like you got to it before me. Glad you two had a nice date night.
Your old Korean woman story reminds me of the time we were trying to find Annee's house in Germany. There were no main roads leading to her little town, only winding country roads that doubled back on themselves. This was in the days before GPS and we got lost. Doc Marion says his FIL pulled over to a bus stop where an old gentleman sat all alone. FIL and Doc walked up to the man and FIL asked, "Do you speak English?" The old man answered, "No." FIL replied, "That's OK. I only have one simple question." As he continued the conversation in English, Doc burst out laughing and continues to laugh about it to this day. Old people must remember when we all spoke the same Adamic language.
thanks annee.
Sounds like a hilarious date night in Korea. Did Darin keep a straight face while answering the questions?
Glad little Jane got to see what outfit her Mom picked out. Too sweet.
I will be stopping at the Tip Top Shop for a header of my own. Love the new look!
that story about darin and the korean lady really made me laugh. what a funny guy. lovely new header. sweet jane - what a romantic.
Jan, that is a classic Jim Hawkes story. Thanks for sharing.
Cute story. Give me a call sometime. I now have a new #. The last 4 digits are the only ones that have changed-6138. I have forgotten how to call you.
I find myself often wishing I were as delightful as your daughters.
Post a Comment