Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in 3 parts.





Part 1: Christmas Eve.


The requisit opening of new Christmas pajamas...(only after the more important reading of the Christmas story while eating ice cream sundaes)




The painfully required photo of all the children sitting still which is next to impossible, getting four children to sit still on Christmas Eve. I believe this was the 24th attempt.




One last bedtime story, in our new pajamas, to try to get everyone to calm down.







Part 2: Christmas Day.





























Part 3: The Day after Christmas.






In the morning we were treated to ebelskivers thanks to Darin's new William-Sonoma ebelskiver pan. They were the most delicious ebelskivers one has ever tasted. Especially with a Hershey kiss melted into the center. Consider trying some yourself.







More lego building (thanks for letting us borrow your table since Thanksgiving Stephensens!).





More nap taking and doll house playing.









But finally after nearly 48 hours of being inside our house, we decided an outing was in order. To the restaurant affectionately refered to as "3500" because that is the price of the meal there.


















More fun than trying to guess what this food was, was listening to all of the various offers people were making to one another if someone, anyone, would take a taste. In the end, the plate was left untouched. We are simply not that curious.





We had a lovely Christmas. And in case a Christmas card never materializes this year we hope the light of Christ touches your home throughout this new year!



Merry Christmas, from the Earnests in Korea.

13 comments:

sarah said...

Thanks so much for the thorough recap. Looks perfectly delightful. I'm totally jealous of your lego building table. We need to come up with a better solution for that activity than sprawled all over the couch and coffee table. Merry Christmas!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

We must related. We too open new jammies the night before and get cereal in the morning. I have actually been thinking about your ultra fancy doll house and wondering if your girls get to play with it. I guess this means no.

Annee said...

I have every piece of furniture wrapped up from our move back in 1990. Every year I reassess if they my girls are old enough to play with it. The moment I detect that they are old enough, they will get to. I can hardly wait!

Ie Li said...

Love it love it love it. At some point Mei Li and June need to join in on the Jane and Ruby tea parties. What a foursome that will be someday.

Lori said...

I love your hat! We did the wrapping paper over the door too! What fun it looks like you all had! The kids have grown up...

Conradblogfamily said...

Your kids are huge...we miss you guys! You won't need a babysitter when you get back! I would have Jane and Ruby in my primary class next year:( Good to see you have fun friends there. Hope you have a Happy New Year....do you have new years there?

Jan Hawkes said...

It's fun to see what traditions we have in common and some that I have never seen before but wish I had. Looks like Santa found you OK, even in that remote location. I'm amazed at how organized the room looks even in the frenzy of unwrapping gifts. You have a good system. I especially enjoy seeing the food presentations at the local restaurant, and Sarah's cap (sheesh!). Thanks for being so quick to post -- definitely fun to see.

Liz said...

How fun! I'm glad Santa found his way to Korea. Those ebelskivers look and sound delicious.

Leslie said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous Christmas!! You guys are an adorable family. You just seem so on top of everything!

Brooke said...

Merry Christmas! We sure miss you guys!

Jana said...

I love the dollhouse, too! That looks like the perfect starter house. I'm so glad your girls are getting into it--I could never interest Ella. My old house is actually set up in a guest bedroom at my parents' for Ella to play with when she's there, but she rarely touches it. (I'm not ready for it to take up room in my house, yet.) I'll have to take a picture for you some time to bring back the memories!

Rachel F. said...

I love all of it. The annotated photos. The children. The captions. All. Of. It. I keep reading it over and over. Thank you!!

Lyons Family said...

your christmas looks similar to ours!! even down to the ebelskievers! I have a FABULOUS buttermilk syrup recipe that you need to try with them!! I'll e-mail it to you. it's fun to see your adventures in korea! I wish I could be there when you go to those great fabric markets!!! wow!