The weather.com report for Saturday says: AM showers, with a high of 43 degrees. I think I will disregard the AM showers part of that report, and just be grateful that it will not be 23 degrees as it was that one time when I was running on a Saturday.
Saturday is the big day! Where has the time gone? Saturday is already December 13th?! And while my sister and brother are probably preparing right now to travel to LA, I simply strapped on my running shoes for a small sprint around Osan Air Base this morning. I didn't want to run too long, but wanted to make sure I am staying loose. So I decided to do a short three mile run around town before it was time to pick the girls up from school. I had my run end at their school and thought they would enjoy walking home with me. Especially if I let them take the short cut which involves stairs, since we wouldn't have the stroller with us.
Sometimes I'm just really wrong about what will get my ladies all excited. Ruby cried the entire walk home, and kept asking me why we couldn't just take a taxi. I'll have you know that it's maybe a third of a mile to get from their school to our house. That's how wimpy Ruby was today.
But for the three miles before I picked up the girls, I felt happy and carefree. And as I ran along I kept thinking of all my friends who said they would run with me on Saturday. (I hope you are all still planning on it. You are propelling me along!) And sometimes while I've been on my long runs, I've tried to remember every single person who said they would be running too, and visualize the last time I saw them and what we said to each other or what we did. And then I tried to imagine what life would be like if all of those friends were my neighbors.
And man, that would be dreamy.
So then I realize that is definitely asking for too much, but a World Race Day, that's definitely not asking too much of anyone. My friends Kim and Lori, they aren't even runners, but they are actually going to run with my on Saturday! So miles 1-3 are dedicated to you girls, and for your friendship and support!!
I hope Saturday proves to be a lovely day for our inaugural World Race Day event. I can't wait to wake up on Sunday morning to an inbox full of pictures of all my friends, (but of course not from brother-in-law Taylor, who said, and I quote, "count me--OUT") out there running for the cause of friendship. Love to you all already.
In other news, all of our Christmas packages got mailed. And for the sake of a family record, that was an event worth recording. And then the day AFTER all our packages got mailed, I remembered that I was going to sew some contributions for our silent auction at MOPS, so I kept the sewing machine out for one.more.night and sewed these little lovelies up:
Thursday, December 11, 2008
A weather report.
Now that the sewing machine is put away, and the race has almost come and gone, I guess it leaves time for only one last Christmas activity, BAKING!
(Sometimes I calling Dec. 13th liberation day.)
Keep your fingers crossed for good weather on Saturday. But rain or shine, I will start baking that afternoon! What should I make first?
Posted by Annee at 4:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
How in the world did you do all that sewing in one night? Good luck on your run. I will try ot at least work out that day after work but don't hold your breath.
I'm so excited for the World Race Day! I'm getting my camera batteries charged as we speak. I'll be emailing soon!
Something chocolate, followed by sugar cookies and then carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. And of course there's the delicious cookies with maple frosting and pecans that you make. Oooh, yum. I wish I was your neighbor RIGHT NOW.
I wish I was going to your silent auction. Those things are super cute! I vote for mint surprise cookies!
Post a Comment