Thursday, April 07, 2011

I know, update the blog already!

Darin asks me frequently, when he sees me sitting at the computer, "are you updating our blog?"

No, no I haven't been.  I don't know why.  But I have been participating in the weekly sister update, and that's been a hoot and a half.  I love my sisters with a passion.  But we are different and distant, and yet we are so much the same sometimes.  It's so fun to feel us all together in one place, even if only for a moment, even if only once a week, even if only in cyber space.  I dream that someday we will all be in one place frequently, and with ease.  I have no idea if that will ever happen.  If it doesn't, we'll always have the web.

Sarah and Christine do headstands together at yoga class.  Can you say the same thing about your sisters?!

The sister update.  It happens weekly.  It rotates around the blogs, it's at Rachel's this week.  I valiantly contribute.  Check it out every week, around Monday night-ish.  Lots of time, not till Tuesday, but we start emailing requesting updates around Saturday.  That's why my sisters are awesome.

I also contribute on a semi regular basis to the sewing blog Made on Maple, or MOM for short.  I had been entirely too busy and lost to contribute for almost the entire month of March.  But April is like the spring of my sewing seasons.  I feel fresh and new again.  I started substitute teaching my way to a new Bernina sewing machine.  I spoke about that HERE.  I finally bought it last week and that was big news.  I have been sewing ever since, thank goodness.  Most recently with my ladies, and that's a blog post all in and of itself!

The children still haven't had spring break yet!  I guess we haven't had Easter yet either, and our school is really being a tough-guy about linking those two events together.  It means we'll have spring break until May1st, but doesn't it feel like the school year is almost over when it's May1st?!  And indeed it is almost over.  And we've been here in NC for ten months now.  And I really can't explain how it's all gone so fast.  One year ago I was on the trip of a lifetime to China with a group of ladies from Osan.  It almost feels like a lifetime ago.

(Photo of the Great Wall on the day we were there.  Taken by my friend Kathee)

Darin is about to finish the first of three years of his PhD program.  If that doesn't freak him out at all, it kind of scares me!  It seems like we still have such a long way to go, but time doesn't let up.  

Henry is about two months away from graduating from elementary school.  I really can't think about that too much either.  The girls are 6, but it's almost like we all forget that they aren't 5.  The boys are always saying things about how they are 5, and the girls have to correct them that they are 6.  And George is being a valiant Spring baseball player.  Darin takes him to practice twice a week for a couple of hours.  This week he'll have three games!

What's a blog post without a picture?!  I leave you with Ruby helping me with my latest quilting project:


Ruby at home with mom, on her sick day.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Love the update. And that quilt looks like a very ambitious project! Beautiful. I can't believe how fast time is going this year. My pleas to "just wait a minute!" continue to go unnoticed. So Henry goes to middle school next year? That is kind of scary. At least I can pretend Brenden's still a little kid for one more year.

Annee said...

The quilt is actually just a baby quilt size. Not so ambitious after all :) I totally wish that 6th grade were still Elementary school. Remember how painful middle school is?! Poor Henry. It would have been the same in Colorado too. This year is honestly going by so fast. Even if I say that every year. This year is different.