Youngest to oldest to shake things up...I'm really excited to be hosting this week's sister update.
Here we go:
Christine
Last week:
- Made it to yoga twice, once even at 6am with Sarah! (I kind of wished there was a photographer there to capture a shot of Sarah and me doing headstands next to each other, not something you see us doing everyday.)
- Finally made it riding again! (I was pretty sore throughout the week after all my returns to exercise! Maybe I'll learn my lesson and not go quite so long next time...)
- Had a relaxing weekend studying and getting work done. Overall it wasn't a very exciting week, things are pretty nonstop from now until the end of the semester, so I've gotta focus a lot on school. Sadly I didn't check off anything from the Utah Bucket List.
This week -
- Go riding twice.
- Make it to yoga twice again.
- Study for two tests and work on a lot of group projects and final assignments.
- Index 1,000 names.
Rachel
Last week:
--I felt pretty sick this weekend, not sure what it is. That's the best "I feel blah" photo I could muster.
--I settled on PB Heath Bar Blondies to bring to work. They were ok although a little overdone I think. I have to adjust to all the dark metal pans I have now. They really absorb heat differently.
--I was asked to act as Amy B. Lyman, 16th president of the RS from the 1940s, at a RS activity on Thursday. Costume and all. I should have taken a photo of this!
--We went to the temple on Saturday. I'm still totally a beginner.
--We substituted for the 9 year old primary class. They reminded me so much of George.
--I was assigned Italian Chicken and Porcupine Meatballs for the crock pot challenge. Ken ended up having to cook one of them because the night I planned to make it work blew up and I had to stay til 2am. My game summary is posted here: <http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/2011/03/game-summary-porcupine-meatballs-vs.html> .
This week:
--I'll watch another BYU Basketball game this Thursday. Their success is so exciting. "Jimmer is the missionary who converted me to BYU Basketball." Good one right?
--Stretch my winter clothes one more week before swapping in the spring/summer clothes. I'm totally sick of everything but need to make them last as long as possible, b/c I'll feel the same way at the end of the summer.
--I'm scheduled to work 90 hours this week. How's that going to happen?!
--My new calling is ward missionary. So I should probably invite someone to watch conference next weekend... maybe?
--Looking forward to a new episode of Secrets from a Stylist <http://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/> and Parenthood.
--I will take some better pictures for next week. Committing now!
Ie Li
Last week, I
-took the kids to one day of preschool and one day of swimming
-did three P90X workouts
-cared for my sick Mei Li from Wednesday (It's still going on! It's a monster virus!)
-wore my pajamas a lot and didn't leave the house for several days
-did so much laundry and disinfecting
-finished Mei Li's Easter dress
-made my first Walton feed order
-painted Mei's fingernails for girls' night in (before I could get to her toes, she told me she wanted to go to sleep)
-had an at-home date night with Steve watching BYU basketball and eating Buffalo Wild Wings
This week, I hope to
-get Mei Li healthy
-do P90X in the morning before kids wake up
-organize one room
-complete Stephen's baby quilt top
-get to bed early
-paint my toes!
Annee
Last Week:
-Got all crazy and sewed myself a new shirt. You can read more about it HERE.
-Ran 36 cumulative miles!! That's the highest mileage week I've had in months.
-Finally purchased a new mattress for me and Darin. It's only taken about 13 years for that purchase to find itself at the top of the priority list. Now the agony of waiting for delivery on Thursday seems longer than the 13 years we've been sleeping in that bed! We're at the breaking point. Too many morning of stiff necks and sore backs. It had to go! But could they make shopping for a mattress any more annoying? Seriously.
This week:
-Should I even try to top last weeks mileage? Or just hope to keep it at that level? I got registered for the race. Maybe the focus this week will be on a few quality tempo runs. I commit to at least one day of speed training. That's my official goal.
- Stay within my household budget for the week. That's so boring, I can barely bring myself to type it. But I should really try to do it. It would be really exceptional of me.
-Plan our primary activity. (Or should I cancel it? It's one or the other! Time to decide)
Sarah
last week:
* made it to yoga twice! Even got to go with CZ one day (she said she could go at 6am since she didn't have class until noon and could go back home and sleep. ha!)
* lots of Rooftop Concert Series planning meetings - finally got the contract confirming that The Neon Trees will come!
* went skiing with Scott and the boys on Friday
this week:
* June's birthday party today! Make all her 4-year-old dreams come true.
* plan east coast trip (do you think it could really happen this week?)
* put up an online store to sell Lower Lights t-shirts
That's a wrap sisters! Another successful week of keeping in touch! It remains a highlight, so despite the effort, and the regrets over lame pictures, I think it's still totally worth it!! Love to you all.






9 comments:
Christine, I really wish I could have seen you and Sarah doing headstands next to each other. How cute. Good luck with the rest of your semester!
Rachel, I think Steve will be at the office until 2 AM tonight. It just sounds awful. Any way I can help? That Saturday game was so much fun to watch. I too am a convert to BYU basketball. Steve is pretty happy about that.
Annee, I love your shirt. 36 miles is amazing. I seem to remember you saying somewhere that your injuries were due to the wrong shoe? Did you find the right shoe?
Sarah, how many hours of sleep precedes 6 AM yoga? How was June's birthday? Will there be a lower lights concert when we're there in April?
My picture is lame. Sorry all.. Next week.
Ie Li I just got home and I wondered as I was leaving if Steve was still there. I should have popped in. I don't ever envy the managers!
Steve got home at 2:30 this morning. I felt so bad for him.
You Tax Accountants will end up hating the best month out of the year! Sorry about all those hours. It sounds pretty miserable.
Rachel, I don't really understand this crock pot challenge thing that you're involved with. That was your review that you wrote on another girls blog?
Yeah, the right shoes have significantly improved the condition of my knees. But I still always feel like I'm one long run away from an injury, so I'll run while I can, but accept that it probably won't last forever. Which was too bad because I was kind of hoping to be that 80 year-old lady crossing the finish line (or should I retire at 60?!).
Ie Li, you finished the Easter dress!! Do I get to see it?! Has Mei Li tried it on? Is she better yet?
Sarah and CZ, you guys can do headstands?! How about you re-stage the event for your picture next week!!!
BTW were you all devoted fans of Friday Night Lights? Or was that just Sarah? I started the series on Netflix (Netflix app for the iphone is my favorite app of all!!) as my sewing companion, and it's slowing taking over my life.
Mei Li is better now. You'll get to see the Easter dress. The fit is a bit big, but that may be due to her five days of not eating. The sleeves are very big on her. I need to figure out how to fix that.
I know I'm late here, but I've been thinking of things I wanted to comment on for 2 weeks now, so in case anyone's still checking comments, here you go.
Ie Li - those red peep-toe shoes are so cute! where are they from? are they comfortable. I love them
Annee - you can just ask Scott my opinions on mattress shopping. I pretty much had an emotional breakdown in the middle of RC Willey when I was 7 months pregnant with June and they're asking me to lie down on beds and decide if I like this one or that one better. And why are they all so tall and why doesn't anyone make any sheets that fit them? Have you noticed that about your new mattress?
And I'm so glad you've finally discovered and fallen in love with Friday Night Lights. Best show ever.
Rachel - why oh why didn't you take any pictures of your re-enactment?! What did you wear? What did you have to do? Do you guys have a real calling in your ward yet?
looks like that got posted under Brenden's account. sorry. it's me.
Sarah, the shoes are Seychelles brand from dsw.com. They are very comfortable. They have a low wedge heel.
Yeah, the bed drama continues! It just hasn't turned out to be the bed of our dreams. But apparently they are absolutely adamant about their no-return policy, that was not even mentioned when we were making our purchase!! Right now we're in the "give it 30-days" period. After that, we might have to take them up on their offer to let us buy a second bed at 50% off. What a joke!! Maybe that was their plan all along?! Darin's back hurts him now all day long. It's a total nightmare.
Post a Comment