Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Long Live Springbreak

You know when bad hair is affecting your soul like a cancer, eating you alive on the inside?  If that sounds dramatic, then you don't know what I'm talking about.  Because if you know what I'm talking about, you can feel my pain!  That's where I was.  I was living in the realm where everyday I felt like I needed to wear a baseball cap just to cover up all the craziness that was my hair.  Only problem, I don't own a baseball cap, and I think it went out of style for girls to wear them, somewhere around the time that I last wore my overalls.  I told Darin on Tuesday night that I felt like it was Christmas Eve.  He told me he could hear the violins playing in the background, as in, he thought I was being overly dramatic and self-pitying.  Sometimes, it's really hard to live with a boy.  Especially one who does not understand what a hair crisis is.



Cancer is in remission!  I have a new lease on my hair life.  I have a solid two months until the vicious cycle will undoubtably repeat itself, all over again.

If you're curious if I had anything else on my agenda last week, click over to my littlest sister Christine's blog.  She's hosting the sister update this week.  We're trying to make it a regular and rotating weekly (?) feature.  I love catching glimpses of my sisters, and hearing a bit about what they do in their regular lives.

In other news, Darin's on spring break.  Yesterday that looked like us going to the gym first thing in the morning, followed by breakfast at Elmo's Diner (because Chilaquiles and sweet potato pancakes were the weekly specials!), followed by some belated birthday shopping and finally culminated in an afternoon matinee of Adjustment Bureau.  The kids don't have spring break until the very last week of April!  Lucky me, I get to have two :)

8 comments:

Ie Li said...

Oh no! Am I coming at the wrong time? I don't want to disrupt Darin's spring break! It sounds really lovely with just the two of you in the house.

Nrpple said...

I totally get your hair crisis. What I don't get is why Darin DOESN'T get it. I seem to remember his hair being a very important topic when he was sixteen or so. Sorry...maybe that's over-sharing.
But, I'm glad you got spruced up for spring. I long-ago gave up the blonde, but now I spend almost as much time fighting the grey as I did the brown...so...I guess it's one fight or the other.
Is Henry interested in BYU Basketball camp this summer? Maybe we can make it work this year.

Liz said...

Love the new do! Totally understand the hair crisis.

I also really love the weekly sister feature that is rotating around the Zackrison sisters blogs. I'm living vicariously. Keep it up!

KevandChels said...

you're back in business!!

Ana said...

I totally understand... I got the worlds worst haircut right after Christmas and it's so awful I haven't even been bothering to straighten it. I finally think it's long enough to fix so I go in next week. I can wait! You look great!!

Adam and Sariah said...

Great hair cut! I love it shorter. I am in the middle of my own hair crisis and even if I do my hair these days, it ends up in a pony tail because it looks so terrible. I need a fix big time...especially before Adam gets home!

sarah said...

Great new do. I'm totally jealous and inspired. Also jealous that your husband gets a spring break. That sounds like a really good idea to bring back into adult life.

Annee said...

I love how hair problems are the common denominator that can unite women worldwide. Is that too dramatic? I don't think so.