In my photo library, it tells me that we have only 59 pictures from the entire month of March. In April (which feels almost over), we are at 44. 25 of those I just imported from Easter. So, we haven't been commemorating our lives very well or often over the past couple of months. I guess we're just quietly living it.
Back in early March, a little piece of George's art work was selected to hang in one of our local restaurants. That required a family field trip to honor his achievement:
Also I guess we're not really carrying our camera around with us that much. In a pinch the iPhones will do. But I should remember to bring the real camera along more often.
I thought to bring it when I was lucky enough to chaperon the kindergarten field trip. There were so many parent volunteers, that I was only assigned two girls to hang out with the whole day:
There were lots of animals, and lots of kindergarten friends to keep us entertained. But I was mostly distracted by watching my two beauties to care very much about the animals. When did they get so grown up?!
I did not think to carry my camera with me to the starting line of the Wachovia Tar Heel 10 miler which is an annual running event in Chapel Hill. It was such a great race to inaugurate my running chapter here in NC with. It ran us through all of the old downtown neighborhoods. As a consequence, it was full of hills. Lame that this is the only photographic evidence that I participated:
Next year I will require more family participation which will surely result in more photos taken. Next year. I will also try to run it faster. I ran under 8 minute miles the whole hilly race, which wasn't bad. But wouldn't it have been more awesome if those had all been 7:30 minute miles? Yes, it would have been. Next year.
Intermixed with the "big" events, we have our weekly baseball schedule. Our daily crafting...
Ruby's instructions to me one night that she left out on the table for me to finish after she went to bed...
Jane's original design scripture tote bag.
And of course, I'm frequently found over at my sewing blog MOM.
Henry zooming through book series, after book series. I just keep hoping he won't ever tier of reading. You cannot read as much as he does, and not have it benefit you in some way, shape or form. Keep it up Henry!!
Of course, a comprehensive March and April update certainly wouldn't be complete without at least a passing mention of the basketball that was consumed by the boys at this house. These shirts seemed the only suitable option when I was just perusing the BYU bookstore last week.
And so it goes, and so it goes. It never feels like much, but it's always something. I'll be back soon with our weekly sister update. I think it's at my blog again (though it seems unlikely, sisters, that an update will happen this week, seeing how you are all still together in Provo right now)? A brief summary of my "momcation" to BYU graduation. And of course, who can resist posting some of the Easter photos?! Here's a little peek...
Could not resist the squinting at the sun commemorative Easter picture. Too cute!!
P.S. I almost forgot, the tornadoes hit about 25 miles away. For us it was rather a non-event. But, when driving to the airport I passed the Lowe's home improvement store that was leveled by the force in just moments! To them, it was rather a huge event:
P.S. I almost forgot, the tornadoes hit about 25 miles away. For us it was rather a non-event. But, when driving to the airport I passed the Lowe's home improvement store that was leveled by the force in just moments! To them, it was rather a huge event:




2 comments:
How exciting that George's art work was hung in a local restaurant. That's so cool!
I'm impressed with sub 8 minute miles. Jealous, too.
Love the sneak peak of the Easter dresses!! They are as gorgeous as I thought they'd be.
I'm dying to know if you made Ruby's headband. Too cute that she left you a detailed picture on how she wanted it to be. So creative.
Liz, come run it with me new year...I'll no doubt be trying to keep up with you at that point.
Post a Comment