Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I went to BYU

My parents have been sending kids to BYU since 1994.  With Christine's graduation last Friday, it represents the end of an era.  This branch of the Zackrison family closes out it's representation at BYU, for now.  We take a little reprieve, and hope to be sending the next generation in a frightening seven years from now!



My mom really wanted us all to put on hats and take this picture.  Here we are pictured making her dreams come true.  


Here was the whole crew, minus my family.  They kindly let me come and have this fun without them. Graduations aren't particularly entertaining for the 11 and under crowd.   


Love any chance I get to spend a few days with my sisters.  It always goes by too fast. 
P.S.  These outfits will be seared in our memories forever.  This was the longest day of my life, and by the end of it, I was ready to burn my black blazer, or at least throw it out the car window.  The day started at the Marriott center at 8am, and ended at the Wileys house somewhere around midnight.


My brother Zack.  He showed up from Boston just three days after running the Boston marathon!  He will also be our next graduate in five weeks, with his MBA from Harvard.  



The Accountants.  Christine's reward for graduating with her master's in accounting is that she gets to join her sibs who work in the Tysons Corner office of Price, Waterhouse, Cooper.  I guess that sounds like a dream come true if you are the geeky accountant type.  



Of course, the best parts of any trip like this are those spend around a dining room table.  Love you guys!


Yep, we made our parents put on the graduation caps and stand with us too.  After all, they were the original BYU grads.  


Just proof that I wore more than one outfit on this trip, and spent more than one day at the Marriott Center.  


And least you think I only had one graduate to congratulate on this trip, I didn't.  I had two.  My newest brother-in-law Ken graduated from BYU Law School as well.  Way to go bro!  Obviously, in light of the jumping picture, I hope you know he's married to Rachel.  I'm not sure if she was more proud of him graduating, or of this most awesome jumping picture ?!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love your outfits. Sorry the black blazer was almost a causality of fashion.

What an accomplishment that all six siblings (and both parents) graduated from BYU!!

Rachel F. said...

I am always so proud of a solid jumping pic. :-) Thanks for the shout out to KMF!