My Aunt Jan has been sending us "10 on Tuesday" prompts. I'm finally organized enough to participate. It's Tuesday night here in Korea. Here's my list of what I love about my life (and I'll add, RIGHT NOW.)
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ. It makes me who I am.
2. These guys.
They also make me who I am. I love the ages of the kids right now. They are all still kids, but they are definitely growing up. I love the added mental challenge that that "growing up" part brings to my job. And the grown up guy there, I love our marriage. We've almost been married 12 years, and I continue to be impressed that each year was more enjoyable than the previous year. I hope we can keep making it that way.
3. The Running Machine came back to life today! Although my previous post was all about how it died, today it was alive. And I have to say that I think I am much better suited to a slow death. If yesterday's death was an indication that I must begin to prepare for the inevitable fate of my 10 year-old treadmill, then I appreciate the heads up, and I will begin now to prepare for the day when we are no longer partners. But today I LOVED getting to run, even though I was at home, and even though my girls were home with me.
4. The Happy Quilt (the Korean warehouse that is 5.5 miles from my house where I get amazing designer fabrics for a ridiculously low price). I love it more than I have words to express. I say without joking to the Major that my life in Korea would not have been the same without Happy Quilt. He knows it's true too. That place represents happiness and excitement to me. And the language barrier between me and the staff that I visit there weekly (or bi-weekly, don't judge!) is an unending source of entertainment as well. Happy Quilt, I LOVE you.
5. That I get to sew almost daily. I have found sewing to be my creative outlet. And as it turns out, having a creative outlet is really, really important to me. Love sewing. Love it!!
6. That I am in a state of perpetual motion all day long. Apparently, I do not enjoy sitting down for very long. So what a perfect fit my current job is for my need to always be moving and doing.
7. That I live on a little tiny Air Force Base. For right now, I love it. Nothing I NEED is further than a mile away (with the exception of designer fabric). I rarely spend more than 10 minutes in my car per day. I think I will miss that when I no longer live on a little tiny Air Force Base.
8. That my "going out to eat" options are so very limited (Mostly because of food preferences. If you loved Asian food, perhaps you think my location is paradise). It has made us eat at home with so much regularity. I think it's been good for all of us.
9. That I get hand delivered, hand drawn love notes all day long. With the exception of the fact that we are single-handedly killing the equivalent of a small forest weekly at our house, I wouldn't change a thing about it. Their creativity. Their happiness. Their expression of the two together. It's priceless. I love it. ( I will do my best to replant 1000s of trees in the future to make up for our waste from this time in our lives.)
10. That my boys are learning how to play the piano. It is not easy to have your kids learn to play the piano. As many times as the say, "I want to quit". I secretly think, I want the same thing, just to be spared the practicing and the whining. But we persist. And they are learning. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is a life lesson that if I stick with it, they will thank me for it through the ages. So, I'm sticking with it. I will not give up. They are learning the piano. And I know they LOVE it too.
There you go, a few things I Love About My Life Right Now.

4 comments:
I love your unique list and that you expounded on each item. Thanks for posting. And congratulations on the resurrection of your dear and close friend The Running Machine. I felt your joy 1/2 way around the world.
Hi Annee--I meant to comment yesterday but didn't have time--I had to laugh about the almost demise of your running machine...we had a treadmill for several years that helped me get back to pre-pregnancy shape...near the end of its life, it would suddenly slow down, which would almost always throw me--at the very least it about threw my back out each time. It's hard to be going fast, and then suddenly, without notice, be jerked. I finally gave it away on Craigslist, with the warning that it was fickle--long live my old friend...I've joined the gym, and i haul all 3 kids there several times a week--such a pain, but serves my mind and body well! I hope your running machine keeps plugging along!
What a great list. You have a happy life and a great perspective. You have a great way of turning things around that others might see as challenges and make it look like paradise. You are an inspiration to me in so many ways.
12 years of marriage? I find that crazy. I enjoyed your list. I wish I had a Happy Quilt near me too. Also, I think we need to help plant a forest with you between love notes, drawings, origami and numberless airplanes.
Post a Comment