Friday, January 01, 2010

Just what we always wanted...

The kids managed to wait until 7am to drag their parents out of bed. In fact, I believe the ladies had to be dragged out of bed as well!

Looking sleepy and adorable on Christmas morning 2009

Henry found tons of mint gum in his stocking! Sometimes it's the little things that get us the most excited :)

George giving us a fabulous Christmas morning smile. It wouldn't be a fabulous Christmas without George's enthusiasm!

Jane was excited to get Tiana from Santa. She came with outfits to change into and was exactly what she had dreamed of getting. Score for Santa!


Ruby having to blow a kiss of joy for the glittering princess horse that she had dreamed of getting on Christmas morning.


Henry showing an unusually jolly Christmas smile for having gotten the two books he most wanted!




Lately, I have been the reigning Scrabble champ in this house. It appears that perhaps Santa is questioning the integrity of some of my word choices. Needless to say, this is a gift I could get excited about!

Here's Darin, usually behind the camera on Christmas morning. I captured this shot of him assessing the Santa damage, and probably strategizing how best to get the placed cleaned and organized before breakfast.


I told Darin this year he was not allowed to give me any Christmas gifts. He has already given me everything I have ever wanted. And I wanted to see what it felt like to have a year completely focused on the giving rather than the getting. It was magical.


And here you have my all time favorite picture from Christmas 2009. It was delightful.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Love it! Looks like a very MERRY Christmas at the Earnest house! Happy New Year to you all!

Jan Hawkes said...

Glad to see that Santa had no problem finding you in Korea. Looks like you all were very blessed. Next year we hope you will be here to join us for some family celebrations. Happy New Year.

Jim said...

Looks like Santa blocks off your gift-room with a roll of wrapping paper. i LOVE it!
Funny Scrabble gift-- we could use one of those around here;)