Grandpa Z. came to town!! George turned 8 and was going to get baptized. That's a big deal in our world, so George wanted it properly noted. He started Skpying Grandpa Z. some many months ago asking him if he'd come out for it. And true to his word, on January 7th, two days before the baptism, Grandpa appeared at our doorstep (if only it had been that easy)!
Just in time for Grandpa's arrival, the temperatures dropped down to like 7 degrees. But something had to be done, Grandpa was here! So on Friday after only a half day of school, the kids were rescued from their classrooms and we braved the elements and found ourselves at our favorite sledding hill.

Then Saturday rolled around with it's three basketball games, and the baptism! We were running to and fro literally all day long.George played a piano piece that he had been practicing all week long. My dad and I both gave talks, and there were more people there than I ever would have guessed would show up at 4pm on a FREEZING Saturday afternoon. I was moved several times throughout the whole experience.
One, with the fact that my dad was there.
Two, with the fact that so many came to show their love and support of our family.
Three, with how wonderful of an experience it has been for our family to live way over here in Korea for these past couple of years.
Four, with how mature and grown up George was taking in the whole event.
And Five, that it was perfect. I wouldn't have changed anything (oh yeah, except for how crowded the tiny room was that we were using. We could have moved to a bigger room had we known that so many would show up!). It was so lovely, so wonderful, the Spirit was so strong and I was so proud of George.
And that sums it up for the most part. We came home from the baptism, dumped our stuff off and headed out the door AGAIN to see "The Princess and the Frog". Then Sunday came and went in a blink. And finally Monday where Grandpa sprung the kids from school once again to go bowling! Who ever heard of such shenanigans all taking place during school hours?!
On Monday night as everyone was going to bed, each kid expressed how quickly the past five days went by with grandpa in town, and how sad they were they he had to leave. Ruby asked him more than once if he would miss his plane. I guess they are all feeling the affects of living so very far away!
But, my friends, we are rapidly approaching our time when our Korean experience will be mentioned in the past tense. It's remarkable. And just when I thought January and February might drag by, January is nearly half over, and February is showing no signs of taking it's time.
I had three goals for this day of "life getting back to normal". One was to run! I have no more excuses! I must be consistent from here on out if I'm going to be ready to hit a marathon anytime this late spring or early summer.
Secondly, I had to get these shoes listed on Ebay.
Darin bought them a few months ago, and they didn't fit! They've been sitting around for quite a while now. Do you need a pair of brand new, brown leather Danskos? If so, go check out our auction...I'm even offering FREE SHIPPING! I feel our 1900 square foot apartment shrinking by the day. It's time to clear things out!
And finally, it was to get the blog updated again. So much happens so fast, I am surely going to be forgetting the details!
So that's not too bad for my first day back into a "normal" routine. I hope the rest of the week can be equally productive! I've got big, big ideas (but what's new?!)
P.S. Are you admiring the table runner that the Danskos are sitting on?! I sure have been. As soon as the Christmas sewing season ended, I was able to get to a few of my own projects that have been sitting around far too long. The table runner was one:
My "Krazy About Korea" quilt was another:
And the "RubyJane Dress" that has been floating around in my mind forever, was the third:
Too bad her eyes closed. Some moments you never get back! Now onto the RubyJane Dress #2! It could be huge...maybe less poofy sleeves....maybe a pocket...maybe a different length...or a ruffle. I'm loosing sleep over it. Probably should just bring it to life!
over-and-out.

12 comments:
Annee, I love your dress design, so cute! I am excited to see the next version.
Annee I just think you're so fun. Who knew you'd end up to be such a seamstress! Did you enjoy it in high school and I just don't remember!? My favorite so far is the Krazy about Korea quilt. SO beautiful and you can tell it was a lot of work. You're talented my friend.
Do you know where you'll move next? Colorado Springs? I'd be more excited if it was Seattle :) I think there's an Air Force base around here right?
Congratulations to George on his big day! What a little man! How special to have Grandpa there. Looks like you guys showed him a good time.
Your hair is getting so long. Very cute.
I love how the Korea quilt turned out. The top stitching is so pretty. Love the custom-designed dress. You are very talented.
I miss you.
I love your Korea quilt! Very impressive! And Jane's dress is adorable! You are amazing!
Congratulations to George!! What a special day and to have grandpa come half way around the world. Awesome. Isaac's baptism is one of the most spiritual events in my memory. The Korea quilt is amazing!!!!! Who quilted it? What a treasure.
Annee, I feel as though Eglin AFB is calling your name right now. I can hear it as the palm trees blow "Aaa-nnnnn-eeeeee". Plus it would greatly benefit me to have a running partner who didn't give up AND someone to teach me how to sew pretty things!
LOVE the quilt - did you machine quilt it yourself? Congrats to George!
Congratulations, George! We love you. So fun that John was there.
Annee, I'm coveting your sewing talent. I realize that perhaps now is not my time to do much sewing, but do you think ever in my wildest dreams, I could acquire sewing talent like yours?
Hi Annee, I am a friend of Liz Balena's and I occasionally check in on your blog to get sewing ideas! You and Liz are quite the sewers! I just placed a bid on your shoes! I have black danskos and wore them with brown yesterday!! I was just thinking that I need a brown pair!
Thanks and good luck with your move!
Maggie
Thanks everyone for all the sewing love! The quilt I had stippled off base by the local quilt store. Everything else I did myself.
Welcome Maggie! A friend of Liz is a friend of mine. I'm excited if the shoes work for you. Thanks for bidding. That's awesome.
I'm so glad dad was able to be there. I know that means a lot to you.
The Korea quilt is amazing. You are going to have so many quilts to display at the end of this that you'll need to install quilt display racks on your walls back in America. It'll be the perfect addition to the craft room in your dream house.
xoxo
Was the water warm for George's baptism?
Post a Comment