because, they are growing up entirely too fast. There, I have officially admitted it. What if I forget what it was like when they were four? I will now unabashedly post a bunch of pictures of them over the past few days.
And then one night this week after a bath, I was too tired to get out the blow dryer so that everyone could have dry hair to sleep on. Somehow I thought it would be quicker to just throw sponge rollers in. I also must have forgotten that it wasn't 1985 that night. But whatever, you only have twin 4-year-old daughters once. Know what I mean?
The result, the next morning. Not quite the coif we had all three dreamed of (Jane's fell out sometime during the night), but sponge rollers never really made all your dreams come true. Some lessons we're still trying to learn, even when we are 31.
(Love the look on Jane's face in the background here. )
There have been some late nights of spring sewing going on around here. The green dress is number 1 of 2 that are going to be polka dotted and tied with a bow. The second one is sitting cut out on the ironing board waiting for it's turn to come to life. Ruby has claimed the green one and is now on day 3 of wearing it. Somehow I don't mind. It makes the lost sleep worth it when a dress is so loved that it is passes the test so thoroughly that it's worn repeatedly. I have now hid it in the dirty basket. I mean it's cute, but really, was it four days in a row cute?
Here it was on day 1 being modeled with the long sleeve shirt underneath.
Here it was being modeled without the shirt, if that's more comfortable for you while you play the Wii.
Here is Jane modeling the leg warmers lovingly sent from cousin Lisa. We have a tube sock for leg warmers exchange thing going on right now. I send her tube socks, I get back in return adorable leg warmers, you should try it. Today was day one of leg warmers. They were the perfect touch for this brisk April afternoon. As I explained to Jane, if your legs are warm, you don't need a jacket, and that was all she needed to hear to be convinced of her love of the leg warmers. Thanks cousin!
And now after all these photos, I think I'm seeing spots everywhere I look. Perhaps that's why the other polka dotted bowed dress can't quite find a seamstress excited to bring it to life. Do we really need more polka dots in our life?!
Probably not, but we ALWAYS need more dresses. And that's a Jane and Ruby update.
Good night.

6 comments:
I wish I could sew dresses like you do. They sure are cute. I wish I had the energy to sew. I have a stack of projects on my sewing table that I may never get too. Sigh...
Anyway, love the dresses and legwarmers- what a good idea!
I love it!! They are little divas! sooo cute! I love how crafty you are...to bad you don't live closer so you could teach me a thing or two.
They look ravishing. I love those princess dresses!
I hope Jane and Ruby get to wear their princess dresses to church. The polka dot dress is darling. Four days in a row of the same dress, might be a bit much, but how great that it is so loved. I can't wait to see the matching polka dot dress!
Love the curlers! Miss them! Miss you all!
That face on Jane is so classic. I'm so glad you captured it.
Post a Comment