You know, I've been raising boys for almost 9.5 years now. I think I can safely say that never once has one of my boys come running to find me, all full of excitement because they had made their bed without anyone asking them to. Jane wanted me to come and look how pretty her bed looked. Man, do you think she will stay this way? I could really enjoy a kid in this house who's hobby was making beds. She loved how she arranged her pillows and bear.
She also loves to take self-portraits now. I guess it's a phase around here. Remember this?

5 comments:
Way to go, Jane! Her bed looks so beautiful. I LOVE the care bear touch.
looks like a little Darin is coming out in that one!
She did do an amazingly beautiful job. I dare say even Grandma Z would be proud. And I love how many pieces of tape it took to hold up those two pieces of paper on the back wall.
How great. Wouldn't it be a dream if Jane wanted to make everyone's bed? Great self portrait, Jane.
I can't believe you've been raising kids for 9.5 years. That seems like such a long period of time, but yet it seems like it gone so quickly. Well, quickly for an outsider.
This is so cute--I actually had the same experience with Ella this past week--she woke up before me, and instead of getting me out of bed, decided to make her bed and clean her room. You've lighted upon one of the many perks to having daughters.
Post a Comment