Thursday, March 26, 2009

What did you do today?

Did it involve flesh eating fish, and a big bathtub full of them?

No?

Well, that's what the girls did today.





And apparently they loved it. If you are wondering if I did it, the answer is:

I put ONE foot halfway in the water, and left it there for about 5 minutes. That's all I could take of the flesh eating fish. Rest assured, it does not hurt in the least bit, or I'm sure my girls wouldn't have enjoyed it so. But you know how the saying goes, when in Korea, do as the Koreans do.

7 comments:

sarah said...

wow that is super creepy. even if it doesn't hurt you'd still feel them all slimy and swimmy and scaley. yuck. although that does look like a rather nice salon in the background so maybe that would help. maybe.

Liz said...

How in the world did they train fish to eat dead skin off of people's feet? I cringe thinking of all the dirty feet hitting the water. It's not like those fish could survive in chlorine, so they might be doing you a service, but I'm thinking that water can't be doing anything good for you. I'm thinking I would have completely avoided this Korean activity. I'm proud of you for trying it.

Annee said...

Thank you Liz. You expressed many of my sentiments exactly.

Samantha said...

Only in Korea Annee, up next a bird poo facial??!!

Aline said...

Hi Annee! You and the kids look great!! Must be very different and nice live in Korea! Do you still running? Do the kids speak some worlds in the local language? This should be cute! Love, Aline

Lori said...

Can we do that? I think Kim is really worried about me and the smells in Korea...I'm sure Jane has some good advice for me?

Ana said...

Oh my, I definitely wouldn't have been able to get my foot in at all. I don't think I could handle anything eating me...even if it was just dead skin! You are a brave woman for trying it and keeping up the image for your kids.