And it is spelled like this:
H E A V E N.

Since she lives in Germany, and we live in Korea we are literally worlds apart. But no distance is too great for our Grandma to come and visit us.

Her specialties include getting down on the floor to color with us.
Letting us help in the kitchen.
Her mere presence gave me the courage to venture onto the Korean Expressway on my own to get us to the flower market in Seoul.
And while the picture of grandma on the flume ride will be one that we will smile at forever, it will be the little things that we remember forever. That she came when we were so, so far away. That she played with us, laughed with us, went to the park with us, came to lunch at the elementary school with us. And that she bought ALL the Yu Gi Oh cards from the BX for us.
That she was simply here.
And for me what is most significant is the fact that she hasn't forgotten what it's like to have a house full of little kids, and that she honors the challenge of it right along side me. Never once did she make me feel like what I am doing is insignificant or easy. All along the way she quietly reminded me that I am engaged in a mighty work and she is proud of me.
Thanks for coming Mom. We miss you already.


7 comments:
How nice for all of you. I'm so glad that she came. Looks like you had a lot of fun and even a little bit of help and freedom. Grandmas are great, aren't they? Even more great when we live in Korea!
Grandmas are the best. The hardest part of the visit is having to say good-bye! I'm so glad you Mom made the journey from Europe to Asia.
Also, I loved seeing Jane and Ruby in all your cute creations!
And, I guess you are more a brunette than a blond now. It looks good on you.
What a FUN trip with Grandma! I love all the great pictures.
The pleasure was all mine. One of the things I miss most about living in Germany is the opportunity to be an on-the-scene grandma more often. I'm looking forward to more of that when our service here ends this summer. You have created a happy and loving home for your wonderful family.
PS I love Jane's pose with 'princess hands' in your first picture! Thank you for the wonderful time.
Love, Grandma Z
Gotta love Grandma's! Love the pics of Everland, did you take your mom on the quad busting bicycle tram thingy? Technically it's a "ride" I think, but to me it felt like torture!
Sounds divine! Please send her our way next.
Ah! Everland! It looks like you had a good time with your mom. I'm glad that she was able to make it out! :)
Post a Comment