Our neighborhood is built around about 110 acres of forest. It rained nearly non-stop last week. That's okay because we really needed it. Before it rained, it had been 90 degrees for about a month. Now, everything is cooled off and perfect. Darin found a trail really close to our house on his Friday run.
I needed to find some acorns for a craft project I have in mind, so we recruited the off-spring for a Sunday afternoon walk through the woods.
In the end, I think George took finding the most acorns seriously. At one point he seriously worried I was going to cause a squirrel famine by trying to collect all the acorns out of the woods.
I'm pretty sure Henry collected the fewest acrons, not caring the least bit about my idea for a new craft project.
And when we got home, I made spaghetti for dinner. But Henry and George hate spaghetti. So I made them spaghetti tacos. If you have kids who watch iCarly, then you pretty much know that that made me the coolest mom in the world, for about five minutes! Until they realized that spaghetti tacos don't really make spaghetti taste any better. But it's fun to try new things, right?!
If you're in the mood for some of my recent Craig's List "before" and "after" shots, you'll want to head on over to Made on Maple where I'm talking all about that.

3 comments:
LOVED your before and afters on MOM... Wowee, I have no idea how you made that cushion look "perfect"! Wish you were still here to help me with a project just like that. As for your Happy Quilt withdrawl... I can help with that... and will ;)
So glad the weather has cooled down for you.
I wonder if we are planning on making the same craft with acorns??
Way to get creative with meal time!
Isn't the cooler weather awesome! I thought I was going to die this summer! :0) Love the Spaghetti tacos! I think I've seen that icarly about 50 times!
Post a Comment