Sunday, August 08, 2010

More visitors and more treats!

Last Saturday, Cousin Lisa drove into town.  She had attended a funeral in Mt. Airy, NC which is about two hours away, so we easily lured her into a visit. 


Driving so far with four kids alone isn't easy!  But I love Lisa for thinking she could do it.  It's those kinds of decisions that make me know for sure that we are related!


It was so fun for our kids to have built in play mates.  Swimming at the pool has never been so fun.  Watching Lisa do a back flip off of the diving board will remain a summer highlight. 


Not to mention how honored we were to spend Elsie's first birthday with her.  



Thanks for sharing some of your summer vacation with us Marions!  We had a blast.  (Although I think Lisa did a way better job of photographing our moments together.  Too bad I didn't download her photos before she left.) 

After the Marion's pulled out of town, it was time to quit sitting by the pool and turn a little bit of attention to hanging up pictures, and unpacking our 15 book boxes.  




After such a full week, Darin and I had to sneak away on a little weekend date.  I think our kids think that if mom and dad go out, Sugarland treats will return home with 'em.  They might be onto something...

For my friend Karen I tried to photograph our treats.  Too bad the lighting was kind of bad.  I'll leave the professional photography to her, but you get the idea, YUM.     

 
I think the overwhelming favorite from Sugarland is the vanilla.  They just do it better than the chocolate.  But the peanut butter cup delight had me and Darin drooling.  We couldn't figure out why the kids didn't like it?! 

No matter the cupcake flavor, I was still just so excited that I had found the coffee table of my living room dreams, at the Raleigh Flea Market,


It's going to be so perfect in front of the couch that I found on Craig's List, which sadly is still sitting on my front porch because of it's smell!  I was an obvious Craig's List novice that asking if the couch was coming from a smoke free home wasn't my first thought or question.  Live and learn!  I remain hopeful that the reupholstering will help it out. Not to mention the two weeks of fresh air and sun, and two boxes (so far) of baking soda.  What do you think?  Will it be a lost cause?  I sure hope not.  

And that's the latest.  We're off to D.C. later on this week for an almost complete Zackrison family gathering.  And oh.yeah. have you heard?  The sewing machine arrives on Thursday, along with our final 1000 pounds from Korea.  My family better enjoy my company this week, because after we're back from D.C. I think I've earned locking myself in the sewing studio for a few days!!!  

XO,
Annee

9 comments:

Liz said...

I love the color coordinated bookshelves!

So tragic about the craigslist couch. I'm crossing my fingers the sunshine and baking soda work. Such a bummer. Your flea market find needs a cute couch!

earnestendeavors said...

NC IS the furniture capital of the world!! So was it you or Darin who color-coded the books on the bookshelf? I'm thinking Darin....

Rachel F. said...

Wow - did you somehow transport CZ circa 1992 into that photo in place of Jane?? That's crazy resemblance!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

We loved seeing your family. You have the best neighborhood pool of all time! Someday when I see Mike I will get his help in figuring how to download my photos and will send them to you. Glad you have hot water and getting all the little kinks in a new house worked out.

Annee said...

Totally true Rachel, and I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it, but now that I see it, it's crazy!

Sarah said...

Your NC house is looking so cute What a find at the flea market!! Good luck on on the couch. Reupholstering may be your only hope... with all your fabric training in Korea combined with the endless furniture possibilities of NC, reupholstering may just become your new favorite pastime:)

Rebecca said...

Your house is so charming! And I love the bookshelf. I think I'm going to go rearrange all my books now. So fun to see your family last month!

Greg and Shara said...

Where to start?
1. I miss you!
2. You're home is...adorable and charming!
3. I really like the bookshelf!
4. The bunny ears, love it!
5. Did I already say that I missed you and sure do enjoy the memories we made while in Korea?

Brooke said...

Looks like you're having fun settling in...can't wait to see what you do with your pent up sewing energy!
Maggie just saw a penguin on Club Penguin named Earnest3...she wants to know if it's one of you guys...