Back towards the end of June, my newest niece Mina was born. We now only live about 4-5 hours away from each other. It was high time we went to meet her. You wouldn't believe how much I got to hold Mina. I think she really loves me. But I am terribly depressed that I don't have a single excellent shot of Mina on my camera! This is the best thing that I've got:
I think this is an excellent picture that helps give you a glimpse of the fun people we got to hang out with on our trip to D.C. But it doesn't really show you Mina. So I'll just have to steal a picture of her:
Isn't she perfect?! So I held her as often as I could, and my kids tried to hold her all the rest of the time. It was grand.
We also tried to be good D.C. tourist. This was the first time we took our kids to the Nation's Capital. You really can't do it all in just a few days. Especially not in the heat of August. But we had tons of fun people to tour with, and that made this trip unique. The fact that we missed getting to the top of the Washington Monument, and missed the tour of my childhood in Kensington, just means that we'll be back sooner rather than later.
Seeing the "real" C3-P0 almost made up for the fact that Darth Vader is in the Smithsonian Storage unit!
Seeing the ruby red slippers from the Wizard of Oz, with Grandma Dorothy was especially special.
And the "First Ladies at the Smithsonian" was almost more excitement than my ladies and I could handle! You've never seen a group of girls more excited to look at old ball gowns.
But hanging out with cousins, even if we made them look at the National Archives with us (or Boring Archives if you asked the 5 and under crowd!), was really what this trip was all about.
Pretty sure it was Uncle Steve who suggested we go to Mt. Vernon on Sunday afternoon. It was perhaps the most impressive museum of our entire trip. We all agreed that we could have stayed there for many more hours, but as it was, they were shooing us out as they were trying to shut it down.
(do not be fooled, CZ has on like 5 inch heels in this photo!)
All in all, it was a fabulous trip. Mostly I'm so glad we saw so much family and helped the kids establish those ever important childhood cousin/aunt and uncle memories. As per usual I get home and realize how uncomprehensive my photos are, but let's hope the memories live on!
Me and my brother with our kids. Weren't we just kids ourselves?!
In case you hadn't heard, these kids are growing up darn fast!
Stay tuned, the first day of school is Wednesday. Although we have purchased all the school supplies and supplied most of the kids with first day of school outfits, I hardly feel prepared at all for what is about to hit us...

7 comments:
does school starting mean that you'll have a little bit more free time for sewing??
I love it! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Jane and Ruby look so grown up to me! Maybe it's the tan??
Love your new backpack. Was that one of the final purchases made in Korea??
So glad you got to see your family and to old the adorable baby Mina!
I am so sad that we missed each other this summer! It looks like your family is settling in beautifully in NC. It's a great place to live.
I too have made purchases from Craigslist that are from a total smoker home. UGH, it is so annoying! But, know that the smell does eventually fade. It does take a few months though :)
Annee, Mi Na does love you. A lot. And all of your kids. I think she's been fussing about you ever since you left.
We had a great time with you. Thanks for visiting. Maybe we'll visit you even before Thanksgiving.
I hope you do Ie Li! Come anytime.
Just wanted to tell you that I haven't taken my celebrate sign down yet. I just keep finding new reasons to celebrate. It went up right around Andrew's first birthday and my hubby's birthday was this week, plus school starting, yeah! I suppose I'll have to change it up eventually, but I love it and I think of your gorgeous yellow house everytime I look at it! Now there's a reason to celebrate! Hope all's well with you guys.
Post a Comment