So I don't really know how it became July 11th. Or why I could never get my blogging act together during our month in Utah. Blogging always felt like"the next thing" I was about to do. I guess I never got very far down my list. We had a great time in Utah. We loved all our outdoor adventures, time with cousins, visiting Utah's proud collection of Snow Con Shacks, as well as visiting with lots of old friends who were all passing through, just like us. The time went by quickly and was a great kick off to Summer 2010.
We left Utah on July 5th on our way to Colorado Springs to visit old friends and to check on our house. Our four days in Colorado are quite possibly the fastest four days of my life! And just to prove it to you, we didn't even take a single pictures. Lori, Kim, how did that happen?! Did anyone take a picture? I'm so sorry that I didn't. We had such a great time seeing so many old friends. What a treat.
But we were also extremely anxious to meet back up with Darin who was traveling perpendicularly to us, and made it to Chapel Hill on July 8th. He was able to get the keys to our house, and acquire the all important summer pool pass, all before our late night arrival on the 9th. And just as predicted, our best laid plans to have our stuff arrive before us, didn't quite pan out. But much to the kids great relief, the van has, so at least we have moved out of too small rental cars! Perhaps the rest of our household goods will be here before the week is over? Great news, we at least know that our stuff is in America, so that sounds close in our opinion!!
On our first night in town, Darin took us to the little down of Pittsboro, NC established in 1787, which finds itself on the National Historic Registry!
The General Store Cafe was were we had our amazing dinner
And felt very posh while eating listening to live music. Which was particularly interesting to Darin who thinks North Carolina might be the place where he learns to play the banjo.
I think we'll always remember Pittsboro as the first place where the kids saw fireflies!
And how all of my childhood memories came flooding back to me as I demonstrated how to catch them.
So here we are! We've arrived. I think we're going to like it here.
But mostly it's just great to back together again as a family. I think we can do anything, as long as we are in it together. Stay tuned...

6 comments:
Glad you are all back together! I can't wait to hear about NC and all it has to offer. Hope your stuff comes soon!
You made it to your final destination!!! I hope you settle in soon. Funny that the storefront the kids were sitting at with the snowcones advertises wedding gowns AND sleeping bags. What!?!
I'm so happy you're all back together and home! NC Looks like the perfect place for a new adventure...and the banjo--yay Darin! can't wait to hear that! That's a instrument near and dear to my heart! Annee, you know me and my camera-I've got some pics I will email to you.
I've been watching the blog for your arrival in sweet home North Carolina. Glad you made it and had a fun adventure along the way. Looking forward to hearing all the fun details of your new southern life. Chris
Hey Annee...I haven't checked blogs in a while. That is great that you had such a fun summer while you were moving. We hope you love your new home. I grew up with fireflies and my kids have never seen them. Maybe someday. We are getting ready for Adam's deployment and school to start. We are doing one last family trip to the beach and then we have to settle down. It was so great to see your adventures and some of your pictures. We miss hanging out with you guys! Hope you get settled soon.
Love, Sariah
Hurray for glow-bugs!!
Post a Comment