...Because you'll feel too busy every year when it's time for his birthday!
But if you do, celebrate his 8th birthday at the Bowling Alley. That will make things significantly simpler!!
Our very own George Z. Earnest turned 8 on Saturday the 19th. I decided Saturday birthdays are the BEST! Dad was home for the traditionally 7am birthday party complete with breakfast burritos and an entire pound of bacon, a la George!
(P.S. the 7am birthday party came AFTER the very intimate 6am party that included only me, Darin and George. Since George had been awake since 4:45 in anticipation of his birthday, it was all Darin and I could do to let the rest of the kids sleep for one more hour. We let him open the DVD of the movie Matilda! Genius idea, because then he was very excited to sit quietly and watch it since he's been wanting to see the movie after reading the book at school.)
And then, since it was Saturday, the friends party could take place at 11am. George picked the bowling alley and 8 friends to go there with. The bowling alley provided the party room decorations, the lunch, the cake, AND the party favors! And whatever that cost, it was priceless! As I was walking out the door to George's party, all I had in my hand was an ice cream scooper and some candles. Since it is six days before Christmas, I was so happy to have made this decision a month ago!!
The party went off without a hitch. George had a blast and loved the fun time spent with his friends.
I know George had a great 8th birthday, and I've had an even better time being his mom for these past 8 years.
This last pictures sums George up in my mind. He is so full of life. He has often challenged me throughout our years together. I've been more frustrated by him, and more confused by him, and more worried about him, than maybe anyone else in my life. But in return he has loved me and helped stretch me, and has surely made me more than I could have ever been without him. And for all of that, I am honored to be his mother.
And besides, his smile is worth a million bucks! I love you George. Happy 8th Birthday!!


6 comments:
Hey Annie, Are those pics of the bowling alley or the community center...have they added a new fun room there at MIG Alleys since I left??
Happy Birthday George- glad you had such a great day!
Oh man I loved those shark shorts. He is starting to look older and bigger and different. I can't hardly believe it. Those dimples are still so killer!
George, I wish you a very merry 8th birthday and I miss you more than you can understand. Love, Aunt Rachel Z.
Happy birthday, George! You do have a great smile!
Happy Birthday George! How sweet to have a bowling party! And your birthday shirt is totally awesome!
George Happy Happy Birthday from all of us! You're the best!
Post a Comment