I dreamt I was married to Michael Jackson.
It was a very awkward marriage if you can imagine. He kept trying to tell me how much he loved me , and to emphasize his point he would kiss me vehemently. And all the while in our dreamt marriage, I felt so bad for him because I knew it was going to crush him when he found out that I just couldn't return the same kind of love for him. All those declarations of love in one dream had me nearly bored.
Imagine how relieved I was to be awoken by the Major himself at 5:30am, asking for a ride to work, to realized that in fact I was not married to the King of Pop at all. It had only been a dream.
After I took the Major to work dressed in complete chemical warfare gear, I fell back asleep for another little dream. This time my sister Christine had a job at The Children's Place. I remember thinking, in the dream of course, how odd that out of all her choices she had settled with The Children's Place. But since they were having a "monster" sale, and things were marked down to prices like $1.99, I started stocking up. Putting things behind the counter, for her to use her employee discount on to make them only $1.00. And then, when I went up to make my final purchases, in my dream, my mother had sneaked into the store and bought all the clothes that I had been stacking up. And then just like the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz, she disappeared for the duration of the dream.
You know what? When I woke up, I had an email from The Children's Place announcing their "monster sale". All day long I've been stocking up my virtual shopping bag, half expecting Christine to call me and tell me about her new job that she has just started...
Which brings me to another thing that I've been dreaming about ever since I moved to Korea and discovered that it was a land of fabric. That is for some Heather Bailey fabric to show up at the Happy Quilt store.
You know, it doesn't take much to make a trip to the Happy Quilt a jubilation. So imagine my glee today, after dragging the children there simply for a single yard of white quilting fabric, that there was a ginormous bolt of beautiful fabric that I had never seen before. I probably ran over to that bolt of fabric (the details have all become a blur), and searched for a brand on the selvage edge. I kid you not when I announce that it was in fact a bolt of beautiful Heather Bailey fabric, sitting right there at the Happy Quilt in Korea.
It's gotten me thinking that nearly anything is possible if only you dream it to be first.
At least I know these ladies believe that. I have no doubt that in their dream world, the line between what is real and what is make believe is a very blurry designation. They twirled and discussed all afternoon long about life as a cheerleader, and life as Snow White.
P.S. but thank goodness I will never be married to the King of Pop. Seriously.
P.P.S. Seriously, what should I dream of making with that fabric? Any suggestions?

6 comments:
Thank goodness you're blogging again...
that's too funny! It is good to see you blogging again.
You're funny, Annee.
Isn't there a movie about this called Bedtime Stories. Amazing!
Married to Michael? That sounds a little more like a nightmare.
That Heather Bailey fabric is gorgeous. What a find. Way to make dreams come true Happy Quilt.
Just last night Rachel had a "good dream" that Ruby and Jane were visiting with thier family, and then they all left Jane behind. We went to stay at a hotel and it was good to have a sister...
Who knows, maybe I'll stuff Jane into a suitcase and bring her home with me in September. If you can dream it...
Post a Comment