Put a picture of Michael Jackson at the top of your blog, and you are guaranteed to updated 100% sooner than you would, without a picture of Michael Jackson at the top of your blog.
Blogging advice is free of charge.
Here's another good idea, have a day where your kids aren't allowed to play video games, in the middle of summer vacation. I'm just saying, desperate situations sometimes call for desperate measures. The video gaming hours were reaching an all time high.
In the midst of their boredom, George planned us a summer evening picnic, and Henry accomplished several requirements out of his Cub Scout handbook.
One of the requirements was to go grocery shopping with your mom. As if we don't do this three times a week, this time it was with a purpose. We were comparing prices, and I was sending the boys all over the store, with their own list and a basket. I'm not saying it was fun, but it did mean they were not playing video games.
And I got to pick up all the ingredients for a delicious and fresh Salade Nicoise, that I've been craving ever since Bastille Day.
Eating al fresco only made it all the more delicious. The evening ended with freeze tag, and meeting some new neighbors who had just moved into our building. Oh yeah, and eating brownies that Henry made, also part of his Scouting marathon day. I'll tell you what, with five more weeks of summer vacation looming, Henry is going to be a Bear before you know it!
P.S. Aunt Sarah, how are you doing? All day long yesterday Jane kept talking about you. One time she said, "Mom, is Jesus done making Sarah's baby yet? Is it ready to POP out of her?"
It got me thinking, maybe it is about to pop out of you...

3 comments:
I love it. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog and seeing that life happens to other people too--from dreaming about Michael Jackson to having the requisite grumpy family picnic. You are a very talented writer. My day is better knowing that you had an adventure in the grocery store today. Thank you, Annee.
4cm. 60% effaced. contractions all day. too early. not ready.
Someone ate hot dogs instead of the delicious looking Salade Nicoise?
Post a Comment