Remember how we met at the new D.C. Shake Shack for lunch on a Saturday? Then how we carpooled over to the National Mall to visit the Jefferson and the FDR monuments?
Remember how Ruby wanted us to paused along the banks of the Potomac to take a quick picture that would include the Washington Monument?
Remember how I thought it was a National scandal that we don't have a monument to John Adams our second US president? And how that prompted a bit of googling and explaining and analysis?
Remember how hot it was? Will the children ever remember the monuments or just the heat?
Remember how CZ wanted to take the picture below, and how we waited in line to have our turn to take it?
Oh yeah, did you remember how hot it was? Did I already mention that? Shade was like manna from heaven.
Anyway, I love living close to you all. I'm so glad we can gather impromptu like for lunch and sightseeing. I love that it's D.C. that we're learning and exploring together. I feel like the luckiest girl alive that we have landed so close to so many. It's a gift.
The funny thing is, the olden-day mom, right before her family was leaving on a trip was probably making sandwiches to eat in the car, or making all of her important phone calls, since she was about to be away from her phone for a few days. Or generally cleaning the house or ironing something maybe? But the now-a-day mom is hurrying to update the blog about the last trip, because she's about to go on another trip, and who wants to come home to an out-of-date blog?
Funny how olden-days compare to now-a-days. Know what I mean?! See you in a few! But unlike my olden-day counter part, you can still reach me by phone should there be a communication emergency that a text wouldn't suffice for (wink!).

1 comments:
How fun to have so many siblings AND get to live so close by them.
Um, where did Ruby's dress come from? It's so simple and stylish.
Post a Comment