Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reminders and notes.

Ruby is in a note writing phase right now.  If she wants to remind herself something, she writes  it down.  See below:



Or sometimes the message is for me.  See below:


After just three days of swim team this was the note I receive.  Here's the translation:

Dear Mom, I do not like swim team.  Will you sign me out?  Please, sign me out!  Please, please, will you sign me out.  By: Ruby. To: Annee Earnest


Reader, do not fear, I am not in the least bit swayed by her note.  She will remain in swim team until mid-July when it will end, and she can thank me for it when she is 23.  Or at whatever magical age you realize how many amazing and wonderful things your mother did for you.  I am patient.  And persistent.

When I asked her why she wanted me to "sign her out".  She told me, it's because the water is cold.  I told her that was an awfully wimpy excuse, and that before she knew it, it would be so hot, she'll be dreaming of jumping into the water at swim team.

It will be in the 90s this week.  I think I might be seeing the "Thank You" note, sooner rather than later...

P.S.  Did you see the girl she drew in her swim team note?  She's smiling.  I think that proves that I'm right.

4 comments:

KevandChels said...

this is so funny. jillian doesn't yet know "signing out" is an option. she's freezing too. some parents have bought their children wet suits to wear for the 5 days it will be cold in nc during swimteam. i'm not doing that. so far she's gotten out of the water near the end because of the cold 2 out of three practices but has then gotten back in with only a little coxing, which i think is pretty good. at least they'll have stories to tell when other kids start the "Oh yeah, well my mom made me..."

Karin said...

What a great little speller! Love the artwork, too. I am impressed you're willing to put up with her complaining until July. Hope you are right and the sun comes out soon!!!

Liz said...

I love it!! If you have to do swim team, doing it in the south during the summer sounds like the best set up. I agree Ruby will be thanking you when it is 90 degrees outside.

AP said...

Love the notes and drawings. So cute.