At the end of swim team yesterday Ruby was jubilant. She told me she wasn't even shivering and that should could have kept swimming longer. She said, "Why does it feel like we haven't been to swim team in 100 days?" I told her it was because we had the weekend off, and because we all missed it on Friday. "Why did we miss it on Friday?" She asked. I explained that it was because of the Fathers and Sons campout that the boys and dad went on, and how that gave us all a good excuse to take the night off. Then she asked:
"Was that just a one time offer?"
Indeed it was, I told her. That was only a one-time-offer.
In other news, the girls have been busy at school getting ready for the Parent's Day shows. This meant two different Fridays Darin and I got to go to their classrooms and to be feted, thanked and impressed by how far they have come this year. To say that I didn't get chocked up both times would be a lie. They are nearly 1st graders. How has this happened?!
Ruby's performance was followed by rainbow sherbet, which she had to serve to her parents (and maybe sample before giving it to them?!).
Jane's performance was the following week, and was followed by lunch out on the lawn.
To be extra festive we sprung Ruby from her dreary lunch in the cafeteria to join us out on the lawn. She said she thought she should have been in Jane's class all along.
Do these girls even realize how lucky they are to have a dad who is a PhD student who is "off" for the summer?! He is ever available to them. I'm so happy about it all.
Have you heard that Jane lost her two front teeth?! Also, she got her first pair of dangling earrings (that I'll let her wear) on Friday night while the boys went camping. I hope you feel excited for her.
It isn't even June 1st, and yet my kids want to eat watermelon everyday. I had pulled it out of the fridge and had it on the counter waiting to be sliced, when I walked away. When I came back through the kitchen, the kids had taken the situation into their own hands.
Kind of like eating ice cream right out of the carton, only better. Right?! They were totally excited about their solution. I think letting them destroy my watermelon in this fashion was likewise a one-time-offer.

1 comments:
Where did the year go!! I love that in all the pictures Jane and Ruby are wearing handmade treasures made by you.
Post a Comment