Sunday, February 27, 2011

Falling behind and catching up.




February passes like a blink of an eye.  So do the years that my girls have been alive!  It's sad and happy, all wrapped into one.  They turned 6!  I tried to talk them out of a birthday party.  I wasn't really feeling it this year, but that was impossible.  It was two, way too enthusiastic girls, against one totally unenthused mom.  I lost.  We had a grand party!




There was dancing:



Cupcake decorating:



A game of pinning hearts onto stuff:


Of course there was some crafting:



And my favorite part of all was the beautiful weather and the outdoor Fairy Scavenger hunt:


The girls, all 10 of them, were full of smiles and giggles.  I took that to mean that everyone had fun, and we did a good job.  I thought I was keeping it all simple and manageable (and I really was), but still, I was completely exhausted by the end of the weekend.

Of course, the next day was their "real" birthday.  So there were more presents:



More jubilation:



They got their long over due GIRL bikes:



And there was the requisite blowing out of the candles, on the cake, on the birthday, on the day, and on the weekend.  Phew.


Ruby kept telling Jane that they could not consider themselves 6 until they blew out the candles on their cake, which technically did not happen until fairly late Sunday night.  It might have been my preference, that if Ruby's theory was correct, that they never had blown out the candles. 6 sounds old.  I'm pretty sure when Henry turned 6 I was ready to hand him the keys to my car.  These girls, how come they have to grow up so fast?!  They bring a sparkle to my life, which I will tragically miss when they are gone.

They aren't going anywhere!  I'm going to secretly follow them, and their sparkle around this world, wherever they go.  I think they'll love that!


Happy Birthday sweet Ladies.  I love you so.  

3 comments:

Ie Li said...

I love your sparkly girls.

Lori said...

Ohh...Happy Happy Birthday Ruby and Jane! We miss you! So grown up and looks like you had a great birthday!

sarah said...

looks like the perfect fete for your perfect filles. way to go, mom. june would have loved to be there. she adores her older cousins. it is crazy how big and grown up they are. super cute bday crowns. and love the girl bikes. so jealous of your nice southern weather. miss you.