Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This, that and the other.

Look who came to Osan this week?! That's Elder Dallin Oaks, of the Quorum of the Twelve and his sweet wife. They were also accompanied by Elder Hallstrom and Elder Choi of the Quorum of the Seventy, and their wives. After speaking at a conference in Seoul on Sunday, the group traveled to Osan on Monday for a tour of the base. Darin gave them a briefing about North Korea, and we were invited to attend lunch afterward. It was wonderful to be in the company of such great people.




And I was proud that when I mentioned my dad to Elder Oaks, he instantly knew him, and connected him to the work being done on the Rome temple. Pretty impressive.

Lately, Jane has been practicing doing her own hair. Here was her effort from the other day....


George's basketball season came to an end. He did a super job fully participating. It was at times hard to decide if that was because of his love of the game, or if it had to do with the $1-per-rebound offer made by his father. I'll let you be the judge. But I think George is pretty rich right now.

And finally, a little before and after of my latest organization project. I wish I were better at this sort of thing. Sadly, things usually have to get as bad as the "before" picture in order for me to realize that it needs to be turned into an "after" picture. I've got more to say about that, and I'm talking about my latest throw pillow over at Made on Maple. So if that's your sort of thing, you'll want to check it out.


Before:


After!

8 comments:

Lori said...

that's some exciting things going on there! How fun! So I'm guessing there's big plans and ideas from the ladies about how to celebrate the BIG 5!

Brooke said...

Oh...my husband is SO jealous right now...I'm glad if you have to live overseas you at least get some pretty cook perks!

Brooke said...

I mean, cool perks. :)

Ie Li said...

I would love to meet an apostle or prophet. I still haven't yet, but someday I WILL.

Your blog makes me happy.

Unknown said...

Hello! read your comment on Katy's blog and linked to yours. Katy's cousin is Brenda Duffin in the Osan Military Branch. Small world?!

Adam and Sariah said...

Way to go George! And see...you never know what perk Korea will have to offer. Adam got Pres. Obama. He would have taken an apostle over him ANY day of the week!

Rachel F. said...

I love the feeling of a good before and after. Your story about Elder Oaks is so cool!

Ana said...

Zack wanted to be sure that you knew that he went to an event that Elder Oaks was speaking at on Friday and when he shook his hand and he remembered having visited with you and Darin out in Korea fondly.