Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A few favorites...

This outing:

We managed a trip up to the Seoul Grand Park last Friday. Korea is really offering the most amazing fall you have ever seen. I know you think fall is beautiful where you live, but I'm just saying, it might not have anything on Korea. The weather was perfect. The kids were delightful. The company was lovely. It was darn near a perfect day. Everyone wanted their picture taken with the fox ears.

"Say Cheese!"






This photo...




The Barbies and Princesses got replaced for a day, by the Cabbage Patch dolls. My ladies were so enchanted with their game of "pretend you're mom", that Jane had to line up all the babies for a photo shoot. You know she's seen real moms do this a thousand times. When downloading the photos, I wanted to remember the sweetness of that day.



This outfit...

Jane walked out of her room all decked out. She was delighted with each element of the outfit and wanted me to admire the addition of each one. And with only the addition of some leggings, I absolutely told her she could wear it to the movies that afternoon. Who am I to judge?! (Not to mention that daddy is out of town, so we're all acting a little crazy.!)

This smarty pants...


For making the Principle's List of 4th graders with straight As for the first quarter!!

They sent home a notice that there would be an awards assembly, but they didn't tell you if your child was going to get an award. I figured my odds were pretty high, with Henry as my 4th grader, so I showed up to the assembly. The Principle's List students were the last ones honored, so he sat nervously through the whole thing, wondering and worrying if his name would ever be called. He thought straight As meant you had gotten an A on every single worksheet and homework assignment since the first day of school! Which he thought meant that he had not qualified. After the assembly was over, he told me, "Mom, I really wanted to get an award, but I was just so nervous that I hadn't qualified for straight As. So I just decided to cross my fingers and hope I'd get lucky!"

I loved his innocence and humility. I'm pretty sure I had a huge lump in my throat when they called his name. I'm just so darn proud. And so happy that crossing your fingers is still believed to be a tangible solution! I love the magic of childhood. I just love it!!

And those are my favorites from this past week.

6 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Jane's outfit and pose could not be any better. Way to go Henry! That is fantastic.

sarah said...

love it all. The line up of dolls is reminiscent of your youth, annee. the outfit is perfect and i love that she got to wear it out! how fancy nancy! that's so awesome about henry's straight A's! what a smart, responsible boy!

Liz said...

I love that Jane got to wear that outfit out of the house! I'm sure she was the envy of all the other girls on the base.

Way to go, Henry!! How sweet he is, and how high he sets the bar for the rest of the Earnest crew!

NicoleD said...

Totally LOVE Jane's outfit and that you let her wear it out!

Rachel F. said...

Henry is so precious it makes my heart hurt. Way to go!

Ie Li said...

Congratulations Henry!