Sunday, November 01, 2009

Dorothy, and Glinda, a Zombie and Yugi, oh my!




Good morning November 2nd!! We survived another year of Halloween. But like I say every year on the Monday after Halloween, "good riddance Halloween, we will not miss you for these intervening twelve months. You were good while you lasted, but good bye now. " And least you think that is a bad attitude, I will let you know that it did not in the least prevent us from fully celebrating almost everyday of last week.


Dorothy, Yugi, Zomumbie (say it out loud, it's the combination of a zombie and a mummy, although the mumminess didn't really get added until the next party!), and Glinda the good witch, were all dressed and ready for the Tuesday night PTO Halloween party.



On Friday we successfully attended the pre-school class party, without a camera, and the elementary school wide parade. Later that night we made it to our church Truck-or-Treat, again without a camera but with a winning pot of chili (although it won for most "unusual", so is that really winning?!).

On Saturday we (maybe it was mostly Darin?) managed to carve four pumpkins. George vowing this year to be able to pull out the pumpkin guts, and carve his own jack-o-lantern face, all without loosing his cookies. Happy to report no cookies were lost, but neither were very many guts extracted without parental involvement!




Carving pumpkins somehow turned into roasting mini marshmallows over candles. The candles were burning in an attempt to help Ruby stay in the same room as the pumpkins. Have I mentioned yet that we are an extremely smell sensitive group of people?!



Later on, dressing up for the final time to go trick-or-treating. And I'm pretty sure that by this point I was not the only one getting tired of this routine. But I am positive that I was the ONLY one in this house who was getting tired of eating candy. These kids (and maybe Darin too?) were eating it like it was the very manna from Heaven. The candy monster may or may not be coming here VERY soon to snatch all the candy from the children while they are sleeping some sad night this week...


trick-or-treating



candy inventory, weighing and sorting.





So you see, it was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on. The girls are 100% focused on their birthday. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day are all just road blocks to their ever important birthday. This morning on our way to school they were down right jubilant as they announced to me, "Mom, it's almost Christmas now, and that means it's almost our birthday!!"

Slow down ladies, we all just need to slow down.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Fun! Looks like a success! That's cute the girls know their birthday is right around the corner! We're still celebrating Halloween this week because of the snow days!

Liz said...

Love all the costumes!!

Is Henry really a head taller than everyone else his age? He looks so big in the school parade.

I love the the trick-or-treating bag that Dorothy used. :-)

Did you figure out how to cover your long bench pillow???

Ana said...

The kids look great!! Does George really throw up pulling the seeds out of pumpkins??

Annee said...

Oh yes Ana, it is a true fact about George. But, not this year!!

Ie Li said...

The costumes look great Annee. I especially love Dorothy and Glinda. Was there an argument about who got to be Dorothy or Glinda?