No tears were shed this year about the two finest boys I know entering the very distinguished grades of 2nd and 4th. Never have two boys had such a long and full summer vacation. Never have two boys gotten to play so many video games, watch so much TV, and lull about in a general summer vacation stopper, as these two gentlemen have, for the past 14 weeks, uninterrupted! So when the school bell rang at 7:50AM, Monday, August 30th, 2009, this is what these boys were wearing, and I was the mom with the party hat on!!
So far, so wonderful. They got great teachers. They go to school everyday without incident. And the house has never felt so wonderfully empty and quiet. It's okay, they come home at 2:45pm, so we still have plenty of waking hours to spend all snuggled up together.
In celebration of the first week of school and the quiet house, a back to school pillow was made. It's been on the dream list all summer long. Ever since I purchased the "Stitch" magazine back in June, during family beach week number 1.
That's a long time to dream of a project. Other than the ugly couch it has to rest upon, I am quite satisfied with the new infusion of color into my life in Korea. As we have now fully rounded the corner on lap two of "life in Korea", we are all about the infusions of color. It's nearly time to celebrate. We have less than ten months to go!!
Before I get ahead of myself, Lori and Kim are nearly on their way! It's a celebratory year in Lori's life, and it was time she had an international experience all of her own. Lucky for me she chose Korea, and the two of them are landing on Sunday evening, right here in KOREA.
See you at the airport ladies! Travel safely. I'll be the semi-blond girl still wearing the back-to-school party hat. I don't think you'll be able to miss me.
Korea or Bust!
Thursday, September 03, 2009
It's all about the celebration...
Posted by Annee at 3:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Annee, I love, love, love your work!
I've got my party hat on too! To bad we can't meet up and party together!
Annee- I really enjoyed all of your postings, Thanks for your comments on my blog. Enjoy yourself! Talk to you soon.
Love, Nancy
Congratulations on a summer well spent! You deserve to celebrate and that's so nice that the boys were excited and anxious for school too. They look very handsome!
The new pillow is gorgeous! Amazing.
I have five more days until my party hat can be worn. I have a perpetual headache. What are Ruby and Jane doing while the boys are at school?
Ruby and Jane can happily spend an entire day together, unprovoked from their pesky older brothers. They will also start preschool on September 14th!
I feel your pain!
Love the party hat reference, so funny. And that pillow is awesome!!! You did a great job with the colors. I asked Liz to ask you about machine quilting tips. I love that you keep sewing.
Post a Comment