Monday, February 20, 2012

We're not joking.


Darin and I had been working on a little something for a while.  On Valentine's Day, we decided to let the kids in on our surprise.

I baked some mini sugar cookies and put a single letter on each cookie.  If the kids could figure it out, there was a message written on those cookies...


The team got to work, cracking the code.


At this point we had to make a little correction, or else they never would have figured it out...


Until they finally got to this message:


Which at first, no one believed.  Henry declared it not possible. But then, after swearing we were not joking 100X, they finally believed us and all started smiling and laughing.




I know it's pretty early to make such an announcement.  I've only got two months under my belt, seven more to go.  But if you were judging by my belt, you wouldn't believe it's only been two months!  

This crew will welcome one more, at the end of September.  

At least we think it's one.

We will confirm this week that it's not another set of spontaneous twins.  There is a 1 in 12 chance that it is.  The boys have a $1 wager on the ultrasound outcome.  George believes it will be two.  Henry thinks there is no way we'll have two sets of twins.  According to him, "we're just not those people".

I hope he's right.



Surprise :)

22 comments:

Flori said...

Just popped in to see what you've been up to and WOW! What happy news. Congrats to you! I love how you told the kids--very clever and fun!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

A very huge congratulations and I am not surprised. You will have 4 little amazing helpers!
Congratulations!

Jeff said...

Annee, I couldn't be more surprised and excited for you! Congratulations!!! Wonderful news! Much love, Eliza

Sarah said...

Congrats Annee! Your children are beautiful, can't wait to see #5! Best of luck with your pregnancy.

Kim said...

That's awesome news! So excited for you all. Can't wait to hear who wins the bet...ONE in TWELVE?!? Can that be right? You are brave to chance it, very brave. I think you just might be "those kind of people." My money's with George.

KevandChels said...

ha! Justin Black leaked this to us one day early. And I just said to Kevin I think Darin was pulling Justin's leg. I had a pretty in depth conversation with Annee the other day that leads me to believe she is NOT expecting. but you are! That's so exciting. I will have to reenact my surprised reaction when i first heard. so excited for you guys!

Amber said...

More importantly, why is Henry wearing a Lakers jersey?

-TODD

Amber said...

What do you mean "those kind of people" Henry??? I guess I'm "those kind of people" is that good or bad? The way Henry put it I feel like we are the "Uncle Eddie" family to the Griswalds :/

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Congratulations!! What a fun way to announce it!

Ana said...

So excited!!! Congratulations to the whole family!!!

Mickelmonkey Mama said...

Hooray! Five is fun! Welcome to the club!

Liz said...

Did you find out about the 1 in 12 chance before or after you got pregnant?! :)

Congrats! What a lucky little baby (or 2)!!

Sarah Moran said...

Congratulations! What a fun way to tell your kids about the news. I hope you have been and continue to feel well!

Marianne said...

oh my goodness!! Congrats Annee! I am so excited for you guys!!

Brooke said...

I really am so happy for you guys! A bit amazed, but so happy! You and Darin have such amazing children, I'm so glad we get to see one (hopefully) more from you! How are you feeling? Is it different after seven years? That part I can't imagaine at all..that might have something to do with the fact that I've been changing diapers for the last thirteen years straight. Really, though, congratulations!

Christy said...

ANNEE! I am so happy for you! Your girls will be in heaven with a little baby to care for. I can't wait to hear about the ultrasound. Love you!

Karin said...

Congrat's from us, too! I imagine your girls are especially anxious to be super helpers!

One Tired Mama said...

Congratulations! Not going to lie...feeling a little jealous. Weird! Always wanted a house full of kids. You guyes are great and will do great! (Secretly hoping it's another set of twins.) So fun!

One Tired Mama said...

By the way ... One Tired Mama is me, Jodie - Larks sister.

Doreen said...

WHOA! Annee!! I saw what you wrote on facebook and thought you were talking about someone else so I clicked on your blog to investigate further. CONGRATS!! Wow. I can't believe it. Wow.

Rachel F. said...

Haha I'm with Liz! Did you find out about the 1 in 12 chance before or after you got pregnant?!

Rachel F. said...

P.S. Look how popular you are!!! So many comments here and on FB!