These girls graduated from Kindergarten:
One with her front teeth in place, one without!
And though it was only three short weeks ago, it honestly feels like last year's headline. The school year went by so darn fast, I still have not wrapped my mind around it. Though summer has definitely introduced a different pace. The days are long and slow and hot, and there simply isn't enough ice cream, popsicles or soda to satisfy the never ending cycle of KP duty for me. Is it okay to simply feed them ice cream, popsicles and soda for the remaining seven weeks of summer? I'm rapidly heading in that direction.
Though I did eat a salad today while we sat waiting outside of Loco Pops, until it opened at noon. What, people don't think you should eat gourmet popsicles before noon? What if swim team ends at 11? What do they think you should do? Since it also shares the parking lot with Whole Foods, I thought I could at least preface my Popsicle with a salad. I could not persuade any of the offspring. Henry got the flavor called Fluffernutter. All day long he kept thinking about how delicious it was. George asked me if we could go back on Wednesday and Friday too. I could stand firm about Wednesday, but it's highly likely I will have lost focus by Friday.
Do summer freckles get any cuter than this?!
(Ruby wanted me to photograph her with her favorite picture book of Colorado, while we were doing a photo shoot of her new "Library Skirt". My latest Made on Maple creation)
Darin's summer class will end tomorrow, just in time for him to head off to Scout Camp for the rest of the week. Do not worry about me, I have a dresser to refinish before the Fitzgeralds arrive for the 4th of July festivities. Too bad Chapel Hill had to cut "4th of July festivities" out of the 2011 budget. We will simply have to find a neighboring festive town. Durham maybe?
Long live summer!

0 comments:
Post a Comment